Winter storms coming

Help Support CattleToday:

It's downright chilly here, somewhere around 10 above. It looks like we are going to be in a deepfreeze for the entire week.

RafterS, it's right at 93 miles from my house to Producers in Bryan. Via Pumpkin, New Waverly, Richards, Roans Prairie to north Bryan. drove it lots of times and that's my easiest route.

Last edited:
Here's a drift under the eve of my shop. There's 14 foot of clearance for reference.

View attachment 13627
I respect anyone that can live in that much less keep cattle in good condition. It's 61 here and mine are grazing. Snow hasn't covered the grass all winter for a full day. Haven't chopped ice either. Think I will stay here.

It was -14F this morning, and had a calf that decided to come into the world this morning; I think it was about -9 when he was born. We didn't get much snow out of this last storm, and at least there was no wind when he was born. He is looking like he is doing good.

It's downright chilly here, somewhere around 10 above. It looks like we are going to be in a deepfreeze for the entire week.
I remember many times in the Wind River Valley the temperature inversions with it being -20 to -30 down in the bottoms and +30 on South Pass or up by Dubois. We were around 55* Sunday and been at 0* in the day and -10* at night since Monday afternoon. First calf heifers due March 6 - they are penned up next to the barn just in case. Looking forward to +15* tomorrow and in the 50s by the weekend. Hope the heifers hold off til it's warm and sunny.

I remember many times in the Wind River Valley the temperature inversions with it being -20 to -30 down in the bottoms and +30 on South Pass or up by Dubois. We were around 55* Sunday and been at 0* in the day and -10* at night since Monday afternoon. First calf heifers due March 6 - they are penned up next to the barn just in case. Looking forward to +15* tomorrow and in the 50s by the weekend. Hope the heifers hold off til it's warm and sunny.
Yes we need some wind to blow it out. Monday is looking like it is going to be in the mid forties.

Latest posts