Winter storms coming

Help Support CattleToday:

Everyone is calving full blast right now. Hopefully no calves will be born those two days. Certainly not at night. I just told B that he better have his warming crates plugged in. He said he has two of them now. A person could cram three calves into each one if needed.

It's all bad. And calving kicked off here today, earlier than according to the gestation calculator. But that's rarely accurate. Although I do think it's appropriate that Uno was, once again, the first to calve (with her 7th calf, Seite;)).
Nice!
But your post is useless without pics!
🤣 😆 🤣 😂

Idk what weather we got coming but I hope all calves do well!

I just looked at the local forecast. The predicted high is 80° Monday, 82° Tuesday, and then we won't see 50° again until Saturday. Typical Texas winter weather.

Nice!
But your post is useless without pics!
🤣 😆 🤣 😂

Idk what weather we got coming but I hope all calves do well!
Didn't occur to me to take a pic until after I had tagged/worked the calf and was already heading back to the barn. You know the adrenaline rush? And I had a ton of things to do in anticipation of the storm.

I just looked at the local forecast. The predicted high is 80° Monday, 82° Tuesday, and then we won't see 50° again until Saturday. Typical Texas winter weather.
Hmm. We're what, 90 miles apart East to West? I just looked at mine and except for Monday (today) the highs this week are in the 50s, 60s and 70s. No really cold temps.

weatherthisweek.jpg

Hmm. We're what, 90 miles apart East to West? I just looked at mine and except for Monday (today) the highs this week are in the 50s, 60s and 70s. No really cold temps.

View attachment 13546

Yes, 90 miles to me is about right. Here's the 10-day forecast from the Bryan/College Station TV station, which is little further west and north. I find it difficult to believe the weather will be that different between the two places, so it will be interesting to see which one is closest to correct (I hope it's yours).

1645450236280.png

Latest posts