Winter Pictures

Help Support CattleToday:

jscunn

Reaction score
2 yr old Oneills Adventure Daughter

Heifer calf (November) out of CF Liberty 306 (home raised bull)

Heifer Calf (October) out of Deer Valley Total Recall (select Sires)

Heifer Calf (October) out of Sydgen Rock Star (ORIgen) Out of a 2 yr old.

Yearling Heifer (October 2015) out of Connealy Courage 25L (Select Sires)

Yearling Heifer (Oct 2015) out of Sydgen Trust 6228 (ORIgen)

Bull Calf (November ) out of Sydgen Process 4648 (Purchased bull)

Bull Calf (Oct) out of Oneills Luck Boy (AI)

Yearling Heifer (Oct 2015) out of Connealy Courage 25L (Select Sires)

Yearling Heifer (Oct 2015) out of Sydgen Black Diamond 2769 (ORIgen)

Heifer Calf (late Nov 2016) out of Sydgen Process 4648

Sorry it is winter in Florida.. The grass is dead. :oops: We have had a mild, wet winter, still don't have the cows on rye grass yet. When that happens they will hopefully take off.

Some nice heifers there. That is an impressive bull. You seem to have a bit of a leaning to the Sydgen genetics, nothing wrong with that though.

Ken

wbvs58,
We have been going to Sydgen since 2001. The things that make a cow successful in fescue country are the same things that make a cow successful down south. Slick hair mostly. The Sydgen cattle have the right amount of performance for us, that coupled with the excellent docility and fertility in most of their bloodlines has made us repeat buyers. The Oneill cattle have been a good compliment to them. The feet on the Sydgen cattle are better than most of more popular outfits out there but the Oneill cattle have had fantastic feet. I haven't seen a bad one here.

jscunn":s5dqgofw said:
wbvs58,
We have been going to Sydgen since 2001. The things that make a cow successful in fescue country are the same things that make a cow successful down south. Slick hair mostly. The Sydgen cattle have the right amount of performance for us, that coupled with the excellent docility and fertility in most of their bloodlines has made us repeat buyers. The Oneill cattle have been a good compliment to them. The feet on the Sydgen cattle are better than most of more popular outfits out there but the Oneill cattle have had fantastic feet. I haven't seen a bad one here.

I always have a close look at Sydgen semen that hits Australia and try to utilise if it suites.

Ken

Very good cattle, :tiphat: I have always been impressed with the Sydgen bulls, because they are from a fescue area, and slick haired. I also like that they tend to have some frame on them in comparison to a lot of others.

Thanks everyone. The bull has a long way to go to prove himself, but it looks like the calves have some grow in them. If nothing else he can create steers, but I am hoping for more.
Freighttrain,
I like that Black Diamond heifer too, we have two of them that age and the one pictured isnt the best one.
KY Hills,
The Sydgen cattle will have some frame normally, which is why we are there.

Freighttrain,
This is the best pic I can find on the other black diamond heifer. She was the top heifer for WW and YW this past year. She is the one with her rear end to you looking back at you on the left side of the pic.

Latest posts