Winter is back!

Help Support CattleToday:

Medic24

Reaction score
Ok, was getting geared up for a nice spring.........

had some nice calves born in the past week, and some more any second due, (we delay our breeding just in case we get late winter storms), and low and behold...... rain turned to snow yesterday, and now we have several inches, still coming down hard, and temps below 20 freakin degrees F!

Gees, and after I have mowed the lawn several times already, the apple trees HAD blooms on them. and the pasture WAS greening up real nice.

The neighbor got an early start on 20 acres of hay cutting on saturday, and of course it's down under the snow.

When is it going to end? :mad: :cboy:

never :?: it's raining here right now. well, spittin really. we've been mowin our grass and just laid down some more seed too. the hay field sure looks nice. hope your weather improves. good luck with calvin.

Mother Nature is very confused this year! It's 65-80 degrees here one day and 35 the next. I wish she would get it together and decide if it's winter or spring! :(

Last week was 74 degrees, the next day 34degrees and had 8 inches of snow that was so heavy and wet that i snapped several power lines coming up our lane.....not to mention the havoc it wreaked with the new calves...pneumonia set in and despite our best efforts, we lost 4 within a 24 hour period!! today is nice and sunny, blue sky with a pretty good wind and the hubby is out in the tractor, readying the fields for wheat and alfalfa hay....who knows what next week will bring, though :roll: :roll:

We're going nuts over here in Texas Panhandle too! Been extremely cool, cold spring! Had 1 or 2 days in 80's. Rest of spring been ranging between 40 and 70 for most part. Normally, we're well into the 70-80's daytime from late March on. Today, cloudy, wind 5 to 10, drizzle, nasty, low to mid 40's. Grass is green here, trees leafed out. Growth on everything slow due to cool temps. Have been having winds in 20 to 50 mph range at least 1/2 of March and April.

been in the 80s here until the rain yesterday. now its upper 30s. had my coveralls on all day.

Drove thru 2 1/2 inches of snow in western PA last night. We have 3 on the ground now and still falling. Fun, Fun but I didn't plant the garden yet.

Have the same problems with weather here. Get 1 or 2 days of warm then 3 to 4 days cold. Then throw in some rain and wind. AgDay said it was going to be above normal precipe and below normal temps for the next 2 months. Unfortanutely AgDay seems to hit the weather more accurately than the local weatherman. :(

not optimum weather for little bovines, thats for sure. or big ones for that matter.

Farmhand":2plxexx7 said:
Have the same problems with weather here. Get 1 or 2 days of warm then 3 to 4 days cold. Then throw in some rain and wind. AgDay said it was going to be above normal precipe and below normal temps for the next 2 months. Unfortanutely AgDay seems to hit the weather more accurately than the local weatherman. :(

Our babies are old enough that rain will probably not bring on scours, so let 'er rain!! Lord knows we need the precip BAD!! As far as the wind goes, this is Wyoming....it ALWAYS blows. The only thing that is up for grabs is whether it's a breeze or whether it's going to rip the shingles off your house. :roll: :roll:

msscamp - wish I had the power to send you some of our rain. I've had enough of it and am ready for some sun. :D

Latest posts