Oh, how I love Missouri
When the snow's up to your butt
You take a breath of winter
And your nose gets frozen shut.

Yes, the weather here is wonderful
Suppose I'll hang around
I could never leave Missouri
Cuz I'm frozen to the ground!

or.Colorado, or Kansas, or Nebraska, or South Dakota, or North Dakota,or for darned sure Montana.etc. etc. ;-)

3waycross":1tc4bq39 said:
or.Colorado, or Kansas, or Nebraska, or South Dakota, or North Dakota,or for darned sure Montana.etc. etc. ;-)
Or minnesota, especially minnesota

I think you could add Ohio to that list, or at least it seems like it to me. I always say there are about 5 nice days a year in Ohio, the rest are too hot or too cold.

Larry

Dun if your feet ever do get thawed out from the ground and you decide to leave Missouri for a warmer climate it might pay to note that when you are talking to a perspective buyer of your house you shouldn't show them the bathroom if they ask to see where the magic happens.

Well dun- with our this morning temps (35 Below here- neighbors up river had 40 Below)-- with snow as deep as your arse- northeast Montana definitely qualifies...

An 80 year old Sioux Indian told me the other day that the only ones that stick around for our winters are the cowboys and the Indians-- and this weather keeps away all the Riff-raff...

I had to agree with him... ;-)

3waycross":2rb1zzct said:

Pretty much all of Canada could be included as well.. -3 here today ,huge difference from -30 yesterday and -38 with the wind chill. Last year I had a calfsicle that had been born in the middle of the night. Today my frozen cattle waterer had even thawed without me hauling buckets of hot water to it.. :D

hillsdown":3vdnwq91 said:
3waycross":3vdnwq91 said:

Pretty much all of Canada could be included as well.. -3 here today ,huge difference from -30 yesterday and -38 with the wind chill. Last year I had a calfsicle that had been born in the middle of the night. Today my frozen cattle waterer had even thawed without me hauling buckets of hot water to it.. :D

We are in the deep freeze tonight. Wind chill is supposed to get down to -40 or lower. The wind hasn't stopped for 3 days.

Walked out barefooted to get the paper this morning. Supposed to be in the sixties today but freezing by morning.

skyeagle":rri5uqnx said:
When I live in the U. P. of Michigan all you got was two weeks of poor
sledding for summer.
Yup, have a dear friend in Laurium and was shocked to hear her tell that they didn't shovel the walks between neighbors houses, they tunneled! :shock:

Add Wisconsin to that list! Been there, done that trying to take care of cattle in the midst of winter :)

Jogeephus":ta61u3ph said:
Walked out barefooted to get the paper this morning. Supposed to be in the sixties today but freezing by morning.

Dam Jo just reading your post made my feet hurt.I cant even walk on the carpet without at least socks on.I'm the worlds most tenderfoot. :lol: :lol:
Cal

Latest posts