Winter Garden 2015

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
I sprayed will disc tomorrow and clean it up as well as plant. Yall put up your pictures too

ResizedImage_1440889280342_zps6321b675.jpg

greybeard":dfyws7wn said:
I'm just now picking my summer sweet corn and still getting squash and field peas.

I am glad you are getting something I felt bad for your first attempt. Will you plant a winter garden?

Sky, looks like your herbicide spray program was 100% effective. :lol2: I haven't taken the first step yet , but I'll post some pics when I get something going.

ga.prime":1pjwhcoz said:
Sky, looks like your herbicide spray program was 100% effective. :lol2: I haven't taken the first step yet , but I'll post some pics when I get something going.

:lol2: Don't look to the left that's where the sweet potatoes start its a jungle

Nothing yet here. Cows and calves are still keeping the grass mowed down in the garden and providing some fresh manure. I'll be turning the dirt over this weekend of next though. Still to hot for Winter planting, but I'll start my seeds this weekend. Planning to add another layer on my raised beds for Winter planting too.

MudHog":2e2wpp60 said:
Nothing yet here. Cows and calves are still keeping the grass mowed down in the garden and providing some fresh manure. I'll be turning the dirt over this weekend of next though. Still to hot for Winter planting, but I'll start my seeds this weekend. Planning to add another layer on my raised beds for Winter planting too.

Nice hope it works out well for you. I cant turn cattle in my garden they would eat up my sweet potatoe vines they love them as do deer.

Just getting started sky. Got a late summer planting in . Usually by now were sick of squash. The monsoon early this year , we didn't get much so I'm going to try to get something before frost.
Planting for winter will start in a few weeks.

skyhightree1":1mwe8d4e said:
Nice.. What you gonna put in there?

Lots of carrots , cabbage , beets and broccoli.
Turnips ,snowpeas and spinach. Winter greens.

I'll try Brussels sprouts. Been planting em for 5 years or so can't ever seem to make it work

fenceman":36am31wk said:
skyhightree1":36am31wk said:

I'll try Brussels sprouts. Been planting em for 5 years or so can't ever seem to make it work

brussel sprouts may not do well there if its not pretty cool they like pretty cool weather.

skyhightree1":17xut3yn said:
fenceman":17xut3yn said:
skyhightree1":17xut3yn said:

brussel sprouts may not do well there if its not pretty cool they like pretty cool weather.
Yeah it doesn't stay cool long enough. I've talked to people who say they were successful.
Going to try to get them in a little earlier this year and use shade cloth until the heat breaks

fenceman":b8vgzo35 said:
skyhightree1":b8vgzo35 said:

That's God's way of telling ya you don't need to be eatin the nasty little things. Dang good ammo for 1 1/2" diameter "tater" gun tho, and that's the only good thing I ever saw from them. They stink worse than a dead dog fart.

ga.prime":3lzosd1p said:
skyhightree1":3lzosd1p said:
Turnip roots look perfect. What do you do with them? Two ways I like them- peel and eat raw or make soup.

Thanks..Grandma peels them and then slices them up puts some salted fat back in them and sugar and cooks them.. They are darn good I eat darn near most of them.

greybeard":qa6pb6zp said:
fenceman":qa6pb6zp said:
skyhightree1":qa6pb6zp said:

That's God's way of telling ya you don't need to be eatin the nasty little things. Dang good ammo for 1 1/2" diameter "tater" gun tho, and that's the only good thing I ever saw from them. They stink worse than a dead dog fart.

Not only are they delicious, their healthy and nutritious. Good for the body and the mind.
.greybeard, if you would eat your brussel sprouts you might be able to nail you one of those beavers... :shock: :hide: :hide: :hide: :mrgreen:

Latest posts