Winner - 'Dogs in Action'

Help Support CattleToday:

Speaking of dogs.. I think it's been a long time since this dog saw any kind of action.. fattest blue heeler I've ever seen

76 Bar said:
fattest blue heeler I've ever seen
:frowns: Obscene. That Cattle Dog's days are numbered.
I always reckon cattle dogs are much like our blackfellas. In native state they stay fit and healthy hunting and foraging but once on European food and fat and lazy they don't last long. I've seen a few cattle dogs like that as pets with lots of problems, diabetes, renal disease, epilepsy, breeding problems and the have a short life.

Ken

wbvs58 said:
76 Bar said:
fattest blue heeler I've ever seen
:frowns: Obscene. That Cattle Dog's days are numbered.
I always reckon cattle dogs are much like our blackfellas. In native state they stay fit and healthy hunting and foraging but once on European food and fat and lazy they don't last long. I've seen a few cattle dogs like that as pets with lots of problems, diabetes, renal disease, epilepsy, breeding problems and the have a short life.

Ken

Never a truer word spoken.

You can feed them well and give a good life, but, yeah, that sort of excess is too much.

Ken, do you think it is tied closely to exercise amount, or just the feed type ?

76 Bar said:
Not Ken but I'd wager the only exercise that dog has gotten is a brief trip from the porch to a free choice food dish. :roll:
that's "Grandma's" dog... and she is a really darned good cook.. no doubt he gets lots of tasty leftovers!

Latest posts