Winner "Caption"

Help Support CattleToday:

hillsdown

Reaction score
Congrats to Putangitangi !
bullcaption.jpg

It is a great one!

Now here's what I would have posted had I been paying attention..

Doesthistailmakemyasslookfat.jpg

or

"I am in shape, Round IS a shape"
IMG_6375-Tizia_BIG_sm_zpse51cb05c.jpg

I saw a truck going down the freeway the other day with a dorkey picture of Obama on the tailgate. The caption read:
"Does this a$$ make my tail gate look big?" :lol:

Wish I could have taken a picture, but I was driving.

We weren't sure if he was building a raft or a nest. It was the only dry place to stand that winter.

He was up there more than once, so we had to electric-tape him out - a whole load of rubbish underneath. I don't know why he kept climbing. It could have been that AM gene he carried. ;-)

Soon as dial-up showed me what the last pic was... I knew that one couldn't be beaten!

Cool and scary. When we were fixing up the mud on my previous farm the digger pushed it out into a pile in the paddock and some time later I put some cows and calves in the paddock. I thought one of the calves had climbed on top and sat down... till I went to check on him and he was well and truly stuck (in standing position) and very cold.

Rego, I knew which the winner was right away too :), and I'm on marginally better than dialup (cell phone with 1 bar of service, when I'm lucky)

I was thinking of an alternate caption for the second pic I posted.. "My body isn't too big, my head is just too small", You really can't tell there, but she did have a big head

On another forum I belong to there's a rather interesting member who repeatedly tells people new to farming that they'll notice their heifer or cow "nesting" before she calves. I've enjoyed using that photo to poke the borax at that particular description. :D

Putangitangi":13llj0m3 said:
On another forum I belong to there's a rather interesting member who repeatedly tells people new to farming that they'll notice their heifer or cow "nesting" before she calves. I've enjoyed using that photo to poke the borax at that particular description. :D
Funny you mention that. Had one in labor yesterday. Nothing unusual or exciting happening. She was just standing there as we watched from the patio. Looked off for about a minute or maybe even less. When I looked back she was licking a calf. Never laid down, never saw any feet sticking out....nothing...must have coughed and just shot it out. Cow weighs about 1500 lbs. Bet the calf didn't weigh 50. Nursing in 45 minutes.

Found another...
Moolillooetoct272008025smcaptioned.jpg

One that isn't mine (the picture), but I
Rogain-Ralgro_zps8bdfa701.jpg

And the one I was originally thinking about I can't find, so I recreated it, but can't upload it right now.. *grumbles*

Latest posts