Winner " Brrrrrr "

Help Support CattleToday:

hillsdown

Reaction score
CONGRATULATIONS Dylan Biggs !!!!!!!!! :clap:

CowSnowStorm.jpg

Phenomenal pic Dylan , definitely felt the " brrrrrr " factor .. :tiphat:

Congratulations to all of the entries , they were all unbelievable . What a contest !

Thank you so very much for submitting pictures and thank you to all of you that took the time to go through the pics and vote ... :wave:

Thank you.
Randiliana's pic was a very good one also, and for beauty my favorite was #7 by IluvABbeef. Isomade's pup looked cold for sure.
Some creative entries for sure.

The calf kept his ears. We calve in May when the risk of such weather is virtually nil. But in the winter of 2010 I purchased a couple of bred 3's. They were bred to calve in April. They calved on a nice day. This storm hit a few days later, fortunately not that cold but a fierce wind and the driving wet snow. This cow/calf pair stayed out overnight without a lick of shelter. She did not take cover with the rest of the herd in a bluff of willows. Not the best Mom, at kleast she stayed with her calf though. I went out at first light and could not find this pair in the herd. Located her 1/4 mile north of the rest. My daughter's boyfriend Branden helped walk the pair home a good mile. We put the calf in our heated shop to thaw. He was fine to go back out with his Mom whithin a couple hours and she weaned a good calf. :)

Congrats Dylan, you are a worthy winner :D , glad the calf was OK.
Dylan Biggs":3o7r0v51 said:
Randiliana's pic was a very good one also, and for beauty my favorite was #7 by IluvABbeef. Isomade's pup looked cold for sure.
Some creative entries for sure.
I have to agree with Dylan. It is not fair to single out a couple of the pics as they were all good but IluvABbeef and Crazy Farmgirl, what a great pics!

Congrats Dylan! And a humble thanks to you and alison for the compliments. :)