Winner "Black + White"

Help Support CattleToday:

Ga.prime does it again, congrats!!!! :clap: Where was your pic taken ga?

Congrats to crossbredcalves aswell, lovely pic :D

Thanks, everyone! That pond is on the farm here. My dad had it built in 1976 to be used to irrigate peanuts out of. It never went dry even while it was being used for irrigation until last fall following two years of severe drought when it went bone dry as seen in the pic. Bountiful rains started in February of this year and have continued throughout the summer and has it filled back to capacity. Here's a pic I took a week or two ago-

Wow, very pretty! I could sit there on a Friday afternoon sipping a sundowner :D . Did you put some fish in the pond?

I did put fish in it. I put catfish and bluegills in it in March and then bass and grass carp in May. The catfish and bluegills are good eating size now and you can catch all you want right there off the deck. One of my sons and two of his friends are fishing down there right now with plans of having a fish fry tonight.

Thanks for the nice comments. Putangi, the stumps are one reason not to dive in, alligators is another.

Great picture and a good eye GaPrime. The fall leaves on the walkway and of course the stumps are an attention getter, and of course, I like anything that makes ya wonder about it. A wonderful entry!!
Bet you were glad to see the rains return.

Beautiful. I'd love to sit there and drown a worm and drink a few cool ones. BTW 3way told me to buy a couple bottles of HIS favorite hooch and come out and he would teach me how to take pics. :nod:

TexasBred":xdavqez4 said:
Beautiful. I'd love to sit there and drown a worm and drink a few cool ones. BTW 3way told me to buy a couple bottles of HIS favorite hooch and come out and he would teach me how to take pics. :nod:

BTW I forgot to tell you that you need to go thru Canada to find my favorite Hooch.

3waycross":2fqgru7q said:
TexasBred":2fqgru7q said:

BTW I forgot to tell you that you need to go thru Canada to find my favorite Hooch.

I bet I know a fella over in the "Deep South" who can get it mail ordered to me. ;-)

ga.prime":1c2xdnhm said:
Thanks for the nice comments. Putangi, the stumps are one reason not to dive in, alligators is another.
How big do your alligators get? We have a couple of floating Australian crocodile heads on ours, usually lurking in the grasses around the edges: they frighten children and Aussie visitors. It keeps them distracted from the eels, at least.

Thank you, chippie!

Putangi, the biggest gator I've seen was laying on the bank and probably 12 ft long and I guessed the weight at 600 -800 lbs. It was huge. Around here, most of them you see are 5, 6, 7 footers. The 12 footer I saw wasn't in the pond I have pictured but in my brother's pond which is a couple of miles away. The gators are quite transient though and I wouldn't be surprised to see that 12 footer or a different 12 footer show up in this pond. I've seen them in the summer just walking down a dirt road looking for new waters.

Latest posts