Winchester Rifle

Help Support CattleToday:

32-40 is nice shooter.
Never had the pleasure of working with a 32 40. The CPR's were 32 WS. Seems like Winchester had them in the inventory for those still using
black powder or loading their own. Ammo is harder to come by than 3030 (The ammo not the CPR)

Dad has a model 1892 Saddle Ring Carbine. It was issued to all the hands at Warren Livestock back in the early 1900's. By the serial number I estimate it was manufactured between 1913 to 1914. A sheepherder had this gun and was using it for a waking stick. Dad ask the guy, wouldn't be lighter to have a stick, and he agreed. Dad went cut him out a nice stick and traded it for the gun. There was mud jammed all the way up the barrel. It has been beat to hell, and does not look real pretty, has been brazed behind the hammer, and needs some work done on the action; it is a pretty accurate shooting rifle. Dad shot a lot of cows at Warren's with it; they had their own butcher shop. I think dad said Warrens had 225 men on the payroll at lambing time.

Dad has a model 1892 Saddle Ring Carbine. It was issued to all the hands at Warren Livestock back in the early 1900's. By the serial number I estimate it was manufactured between 1913 to 1914. A sheepherder had this gun and was using it for a waking stick. Dad ask the guy, wouldn't be lighter to have a stick, and he agreed. Dad went cut him out a nice stick and traded it for the gun. There was mud jammed all the way up the barrel. It has been beat to hell, and does not look real pretty, has been brazed behind the hammer, and needs some work done on the action; it is a pretty accurate shooting rifle. Dad shot a lot of cows at Warren's with it; they had their own butcher shop. I think dad said Warrens had 225 men on the payroll at lambing time.

I have a 92 in 44 Mag great rifle and round.

Trying to piece together what you have here .
it won't be a 1895. They were a top loader for Spitzer cartridges.

Winchester never chambered anything old in a remington cartridge. My assumption is that you're referring to it as remington because the box of shells were made by remington
could be

I am in the thinking stage of acquiring a Winchester Canadian Pacific Railroad Model 94 in 32 Winchester.
I don't have anything in .32 although I know some one who has an old loose 94 that is no longer used and a supply of ammo.
There is this bare spot on the wall and when I look that way it just bugs me no end.
There are some on the block down here but I would like to wrangle one from Canada just to keep it authentic. we'll see.....
The rifle that I posted in my original post looked like this rifle. Not as fancy probably in its working clothes. It had the ladder sight and short magazine. Could have been 32 caliber. Been around sixty years since I had it.

Latest posts