Wilma?

Help Support CattleToday:

D.R. Cattle

Reaction score
Hey Flaboy+, you ready? Looks like a CAT 3 or 4 coming in to the West Coast and then rumbling through me in the Treasure Coast as CAT 1. Just what we needed. Another gob of rain. Don't suppose I'll pen the herd and work them this Saturday.

God was with me all through Rita, and hope God is with all of us through Wilma. We don't need any more of these hurricanes this year.

no worries fellas, the cotton is ready to be picked. shes totally coming up through tallahassee and heading thru here. like clockwork.

Most powerfull storm on record now. The scary part is that it went from a Tropical Storm to the worst in history in less than 24 hours. The weather scientists must be on a pretty good high right now. Since I'm on the East Coast I've been fairly complacent about this one, but I'm starting to change my attitude. These things keep breaking records and doing things they don't expect them to do.

Hey D.R., Looks like you will get far worse than me. If I can do anything to help let me know. I have plenty of vacation time since I haven't been able to bale hay much this year. I had planned to get some more in next week but this storm is going to wet my fields again. If ya need me drop me an email I can be there in no more than 1 1/2 hours.

I can pm ya my cell number also. Don't hesitate to call!

flaboy+":jslmg8jb said:
Hey D.R., Looks like you will get far worse than me. If I can do anything to help let me know. I have plenty of vacation time since I haven't been able to bale hay much this year. I had planned to get some more in next week but this storm is going to wet my fields again. If ya need me drop me an email I can be there in no more than 1 1/2 hours.

I can pm ya my cell number also. Don't hesitate to call!

Apreciate it. Obviously we'll be spared the brunt, just wondering what the "weak" end of this monster will be. This ain't exactly our first rodeo either.

Yeah, don't forget you will be on the strong side of that storm if it goes south of you. I suspect you will still see up to 70MPH gusts. Probably some trees down due to wet ground and limbs and stuff. I have chain saws, fence tools, gloves, and diesel in my truck if ya need help.

Ditto on the "if you need help" from here. Unlike NO we can do it ourselves! Just ask. Hope we all come through OK.

myakka145":2ii19qm7 said:
Ditto on the "if you need help" from here. Unlike NO we can do it ourselves! Just ask. Hope we all come through OK.

My offer goes out to you also myakka145. Not sure how far south or west ya are but I'm available. I will pm both you and D.R. with my cell number.

Good luck to ya all!! No vacation time here and no way to get to ya, but you are all in my prayers.

I hope everyone makes out well with this one also, how many is that this year to hit Florida? Are ya'll looking to move out yet? But seriously, I'll be thinking about ya'll through this.

NW CARIBBEAN N OF 15N W OF 75W
530 AM EDT WED OCT 19 2005

HURRICANE WARNING W OF 80W
TODAY AND TONIGHT
TROPICAL STORM FORCE OR GREATER WINDS
WITHIN 140 NM N SEMICIRCLE AND 90 NM S SEMICIRCLE WITH HIGHEST
WINDS 150 KT GUSTS 185 KT.
SEAS 12 FT OR GREATER WITHIN 150 NM
EXCEPT 200 NM NE QUADRANT. HIGHEST SEAS 50 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN
210 NM OF CENTER WINDS 20 TO 33 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. REMAINDER
OF AREA WINDS 15 TO 20 KT. SEAS 6 TO 9 FT. NUMEROUS TSTMS AND
SQUALLS W OF 80W...SCATTERED TSTMS ELSEWHERE.

Anybody wanna run down to the Caymans for some fishing?

Thanks for all the concern for us crackers folks. It is much appreciated.

As far as the question are we ready to leave? Naw, yanks may run me out but not a storm. :lol:

She's a behemoth! I hope she cools her jets before landfall. You florida folks better get out . It would be a good weekend for a vacation.

Workinonit Farm":3lo8zuhh said:
I wish you all well in Wilmas path. Be careful, and hopefully she'll weaken a bit before getting to you.

Katherine

Amen to that, Katherine. Stay safe, guys and gals, and know that you're in my thoughts and prayers.

The fun never ends! For the third time this summer we're having to evacuate. Things don't look too good for our house at the moment. We've boarded it up and brought everything inside. It's dark and depressing. It's not a pleasant feeling when you lock the door to leave not knowing if anything will be left when you return.:(

wilma.gif

Ya lost me there Macon. Your profile shows you to be in AL. Why are you boarding up?

Latest posts