Wilma?

Help Support CattleToday:

flaboy+":8yyhe07x said:
Ya lost me there Macon. Your profile shows you to be in AL. Why are you boarding up?

Flaboy...Macon's got him a hut down on the Yucatan. Mr. Gravelee that is an omenous feeling. Boarded up inside your house, or leaving it and not knowing what will be there when you return. I can't even make up my mind whether to do it or not yet. Scientists aren't too sure of landfall point and intensity as far as FLA is concerned. Cleaned up a lot of possible missiles so far and stocked up on crucials. Hurricanes just suck anyway you look at it. Haven't figured out God's purpose for them yet. Probably just too big for us to understand.
24L.jpg

D.R.,

I'm a chicken... if they say go, I go!

You're in pretty flat country, aren't you? If she heads toward you, hit the road.

The current track has the eye going over my rooftop. A couple of crazy neighbors stayed. Just talked to one and he said the water was already lapping at the top step going into his house and the hurricane is 18 hours away. He's moved all his furniture up to the second floor. That's not for us. We're holed up in a motel 3 hours south of Akumal.

p.s.- Love the pool! :D

Wow your neighbor IS CRAZY!! 35 foot seas already being marked. Huge surge expected on top of that. 100MPH is our threshold. Last year I got spooked out of my skivvies when the wind driven rain was so strong.....it squirted through the keyhole of our front door like someone was standing outside with a pressure washer. In any case, I hope your property is spared the worst. I have an open offer of help to anyone on the boards but I think Cancun is a little too far. Best of luck.

M Gravlee":3v5e9apc said:
The current track has the eye going over my rooftop. A couple of crazy neighbors stayed. Just talked to one and he said the water was already lapping at the top step going into his house and the hurricane is 18 hours away. He's moved all his furniture up to the second floor. That's not for us.
:D

Yeap you neighbor is definitely crazy. :roll:

D.R. Cattle":y7stugxx said:
Hey Flaboy+, you ready? Looks like a CAT 3 or 4 coming in to the West Coast and then rumbling through me in the Treasure Coast as CAT 1. Just what we needed. Another gob of rain. Don't suppose I'll pen the herd and work them this Saturday.

Duck D.R. and flaboy, I am still cleaning up the mess from Rita.

D. R. and others, again I say , if you are going to leave, leave early. Do not wait for the traffic jam.
I think Macon shows good sense about skedadling. If I had my druthers I wouldn't want to sit one out with water squirting through the key hole.
I used to not pay much attention to them until that one wrecked Homestake, Florida. If I remember correctly, they got hit and then it turned around and smacked them again.

M Gravlee":3dw20pil said:
D.R.,

I'm a chicken... if they say go, I go!

I believe I would call that very prudent! Unless one has livestock to take care of, I see no reason for trying to ride out a Cat 5 hurricane.

Won't be a CAT 5. Expected to be a CAT 1 by the time it starts spanking me. Still creates a mass of havoc. Gotta board up, buy a bunch of crap you don't usually need, help everybody else board up, go without power for a long time, run out of gas, clean up old peoples yards, wire up everyones generators etc, etc. All of the great gifts we get for living on oceanfront property.

Campground Cattle":3g376yji said:
D.R. Cattle":3g376yji said:
Hey Flaboy+, you ready? Looks like a CAT 3 or 4 coming in to the West Coast and then rumbling through me in the Treasure Coast as CAT 1. Just what we needed. Another gob of rain. Don't suppose I'll pen the herd and work them this Saturday.

Heck, I'm still cutting wood from Charlie :D

Chris

D.R. Cattle":2r5pnylo said:
Won't be a CAT 5. Expected to be a CAT 1 by the time it starts spanking me.

I sincerely hope that's true, but even as a Cat 1 she's going to create problems.

Campground Cattle":2ejq1dn2 said:
D.R. Cattle":2ejq1dn2 said:

My cattle should be ok. While I live/work just north of D.R. my farm is 100 miles north. Makes for long commutes on weekends.

D.R. my offer is genuine, don't hesitate to call. Just say "hey flaboy, this is D.R. and I could use some help". ;-)

flaboy+":1h8d7g46 said:
Campground Cattle":1h8d7g46 said:
D.R. Cattle":1h8d7g46 said:

My cattle should be ok. While I live/work just north of D.R. my farm is 100 miles north. Makes for long commutes on weekends.

D.R. my offer is genuine, don't hesitate to call. Just say "hey flaboy, this is D.R. and I could use some help". ;-)

Your offer is noted and well received. Thank you. Things looking better for me since the date of arrival continues to keep getting pushed back. The longer it stays away the further South it should come in. But like Macon says, The Fun Never Ends. An area of strong low pressure is now being monitored in the Virgin Islands. Heck I figured Camp and all the folks on the Gulf Coast spared us the lashing this year.

Latest posts