Willie Nelson Busted!

Help Support CattleToday:

Just read about it. 1.5 lbs of weed and 0.2 of narcotic Mushrooms. Some kids never grow up. Had it been you or me, we'd be in lock down. Thought it was pretty funny one of the four issued citations was 75 years old. Louisiana must have some pretty lenient dope laws. :mad:

The cops around here won't mess with the kids unless they're carrying a pound on 'em. They say it isn't worth sitting in court for four hours just to have a jude drop the case because a 14 year old kid has a couple of joints. Makes a lot of sense huh?

Herefordcross":3nzcqex5 said:
The cops around here won't mess with the kids unless they're carrying a pound on 'em. They say it isn't worth sitting in court for four hours just to have a jude drop the case because a 14 year old kid has a couple of joints. Makes a lot of sense huh?

and they wonder why the kids won't stop using :roll:

Herefordcross":5hr8nont said:
If I EVER caught any of my kids with dope, I'd first find the person that gave it to them, and give them some old fashioned justice, then give mine a whoopin' beyond comprehension.IMHO, Willie Nelson aint no role model for nobody. Just another maggot with a lot of money.He's an old **** kicker that's needin' an ass whoopin.

First, a little background:

There are many of us who grew up listening to our parent's records. Artists like Bob Wills. For many of us, "Country" and "Western" are two completely different types of music.

Sometime in the early to mid 70's (seems like it was '73) Willie got nominated for Entertainer of the Year in Nashville. No big thing. He didn't make it. What was a big thing is that many Country entertainers were caught with their hands over their mouths laughing at Willie. It was belittling and sort of a slam to Western music in general. Follow-up interviews about it only made things worse. To them it was unbelievable that he was nominated. They literally laughed him out of Nashville. A whole lot of people took offense to it. Some of these artists were actually good artists. We owned some of their albums. (Think what happened to Dallas's Dixie Chicks in the last decade). A whole lot of people, including many of my cousins and siblings, mailed these artists albums to them broken in half.

Willie didn't make a big deal out of it. Which only gave him more credibility. Willie gained notoriety. "Let's go to Luchenbach Texas, Willie, Waylon and the boys....." This was the best thing that could have happened to him.

He did make Entertainer of the Year either the following year or the one thereafter.

I do enjoy many of Willie's songs. I did go to once of his picnics and there were people/fans there who drove 2,000 miles to see it. (I wouldn't do that). Anyway, he has quite a following.

I can still name a dozen country artists that laughed at Willie in the 70's. Many of them are since deceased. It was damaging to their careers. Some of us will never forget.

Me personally, I think there will always be Western Swing memories from my childhood. I do like bluegrass and music in general. But I could never bring myself to buy CDs from artists who treaded on Willie the way they did in the early 70's. There was no call for that. But had they not done that, Willie would have continued to be the same old Willie he was all his life.

He has a way of capitalizing on bad things. Sort of turning lemons to lemonade. He'll probably write a song about this and make some more nickels. Kind of like the bad boys in professional sports.

I don't buy his albums.

are there any music artists today that have not done dope? Don't think I can think of one famous person that hasn't. If there is they seem to be in a rare minority, or they have just not been caught.

My Dad usta say "I'd rather listen to a goat beller than Willy Nelson sing." :lol:

peg4x4":1o3zdi3f said:
My Dad usta say "I'd rather listen to a goat beller than Willy Nelson sing." :lol:

He wouldn't make a choir singer for sure. But I just love that nasally voice and the phrasing. A+ picker. And if he had written only "Crazy" he would qualify as legendary. To name all the great songs he has written or co written is beyond me without a google.
There are a bunch.

I don't think he ever claimed to be a role model. And whatever he's doin' to himself, he's still very active touring at 73 yr. That's a tough life--physically demanding. Ride a bus all day and play at night. Ride a bus again. Play. Ride. He must not be hurting himself all that much if he can still do that.

I'd make him give a concert for whatever charity the judge favors. Call it "Bail for Willie". Rent the Superdome.

There's no accounting for taste. I like his music, you may not. That's why there are lots of choices at the record store. :lol:

john250":xiwzutph said:
peg4x4":xiwzutph said:

He wouldn't make a choir singer for sure. But I just love that nasally voice and the phrasing. A+ picker. And if he had written only "Crazy" he would qualify as legendary. To name all the great songs he has written or co written is beyond me without a google.
There are a bunch.

I don't think he ever claimed to be a role model. And whatever he's doin' to himself, he's still very active touring at 73 yr. That's a tough life--physically demanding. Ride a bus all day and play at night. Ride a bus again. Play. Ride. He must not be hurting himself all that much if he can still do that.

I'd make him give a concert for whatever charity the judge favors. Call it "Bail for Willie". Rent the Superdome.

There's no accounting for taste. I like his music, you may not. That's why there are lots of choices at the record store. :lol:

:nod:

I'm not a big country music fan, but I do like dancin' to it...And I love dancin' to Whiskey River.

Alice

Willie Nelson burns rope. What a scoop. I like Willie a lot. I don't like burning rope. If Willie wants to burn rope, that's his business and nobody elses.

I'm gonna start the "Willie Nelson quit smokin' the wacky weed Foundation for the Narcotic Mushroom Impaired should've done retired country/western singers of America, Anonymous." It's initials will be: WNQSWWFNMISRCWSA

Hey they've got a meeting or foundation for everything else, why not one for willie. Maybe that's why his bio diesel does so well, the secret ingredient is Shrooms!

chrisy":1cfj6pxu said:
are there any music artists today that have not done dope? Don't think I can think of one famous person that hasn't. If there is they seem to be in a rare minority, or they have just not been caught.

This is probably a hard one to prove either way, unless they have been caught doing it.

But I would venture to say there is a lot of stars out there that do not do drugs or never have. I might be wrong but there is lots of Country Stars I would have a hard time picturing smoking a Joint. Have a hard time picturing Sara Evans lighting up.

As far as Rock stars go, probably bunch of them also. I know Ted Nugent has talked about how he never drank, did drugs says he has never really ate fast food unless it was a Mallard. He did confess to sleeping with lots of Women Groupies though, but hey a guy has to have at least one vice :lol:

He's been smoking the stuff for like forever, Toby Kieth even wrote a song about it. I think willie has been through alot, the tax/IRS thing awhile ago, hitting rock bottom, coming back like he did. He performed for the President where they honor celebrities and such, I think he is a character. If he isn't hurting anyone else, why should anyone really care?

getting busted isn't gonna change that.

GMN

Latest posts