Will you get the COVID vaccine?

Help Support CattleToday:

I get my MMR II booster today. No telling when a COVID vaccine is gonna be available here for folks in my age/demographic group.
But, if I happened to get infected, you'd better believe I'll be taking a dose of Ivomec orally, and probably give myself a Dexamethasone injection.
Already been taking Vit D3 and Vit C daily, for years, as they've been shown to help ward off or diminish severity of influenza.
We keep homemade Elderberry syrup on hand, but I saw something early on during this pandemic suggesting that elderberry may actually make COVID disease worse... but they may have reversed their stance on that any number of times, just like they have no mask/mask, etc.

I've read about a lot of positive results from Ivermectin also. But am I the only one that finds it ironic that the people taking Ivermectin, which has not been approved as a coronavirus treatment as far as I know, are also the people not willing to get the vaccine because they don't know long term effects?

Per my doctor, ivermectin has been used for a long time in humans. Years ago, I had like a rash/burn on my hand that would not heal. Doctor asked if I had handled any chemicals. I told him I used Ivermectin on the cows and always got it on my hands. He said no problem as it is used as a dewormer for humans in other countries. Maybe here as well. I believe then a person is good to go on the Ivomec as far as safety. Not sure I would use the pour-on though for a topical application on a person. Probably too runny and messy if you stand up.

From WebMD:
This medication is used to treat certain parasitic roundworm infections.

How to use Ivermectin

Take this medication by mouth with a full glass of water (8 ounces or 240 milliliters) on an empty stomach at least 1 hour before a meal. Ivermectin is usually taken as a single dose or series of doses, or as directed by your doctor.
Dosage is based on your weight, medical condition, and response to treatment.
Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens.

Headache, dizziness, muscle pain, nausea, or diarrhea may occur.
A very serious allergic reaction to this drug is rare. However, seek immediate medical attention if you notice any symptoms of a serious allergic reaction, including: rash, itching/swelling (especially of the face/tongue/throat), severe dizziness, trouble breathing.
This drug may make you dizzy. Alcohol or marijuana (cannabis) can make you more dizzy. Do not drive, use machinery, or do anything that needs alertness until you can do it safely. Limit alcoholic beverages. Talk to your doctor if you are using marijuana (cannabis).

Yes, probably totally safe, but no studies on how your body reacts to ivermectin when you have covid, especially a severe case. Aspirins are safe also, but there are times when you should not take them as they can cause more serious problems.

Cuomo already took care of our elderly in the nursing homes - wiped out a LOT of them early on. And I heard he is already announcing we need to save our small businesses and open things up. REALLY???? How ironic! a-hole.

I use injectable ivomec for my Heelers and Schnauzers - have never bought Heart Worm medicine. There are some breeds (like Aussies & collies) that you should not use it on - you may kill them.
When my husband was fighting cancer, I broke out with a rash. Doctors thought it might be mites. They prescribed an Ivermectin cream that I had to rub all over my body. Rash was nerves, but point is, they had Iver. body lotion.
And yes, we all get a dose or two of pour-on each year!!! LOL

When my husband was fighting cancer, I broke out with a rash. Doctors thought it might be mites. They prescribed an Ivermectin cream that I had to rub all over my body. Rash was nerves, but point is, they had Iver. body lotion.
Point taken.... but just to add -
Skin health is a gauge of emotional and mental health.
Breaking out in a rash or hives is a common problem of people under stress.
A spouse with cancer would certainly qualify as extremely stressful.

Last edited:
I do the dogs with same dosage as cattle - by weight. I think it is 1.1 ml per 100# - so 50# dog about .5. My Schnauzer is 16#, so about 1.6 ml.
160# person 17.6 ml

Look at your dosages.... 1.1 per 100# = .1 per 10#. I think you put your decimal in the wrong place @Jeanne - Simme Valley

Never had a drop of pour-on dewormer on this place, never recommended it to a client. Injectable, orally.

Latest posts