Will you get the COVID vaccine?

Help Support CattleToday:

If the safety measures are working so well, why are the numbers in Calif going through the roof and they are in much more restrictive lockdown. Yes, I know that there are those that don't follow the rules etc., but still, their numbers are going through the roof according to the news.... with hospitals supposedly at capacity.... and their lock down is much more severe....so I cannot believe that the restrictive measures are helping much. Doesn't add up.
Lets put it another way: If the safety measures don't work, how is it that countries like Australia, New Zealand, and Singapore have managed to control the virus? They don't have any tools that we don't have. They wore masks, observed social distancing, and contact traced infections to prevent the spread. That's it.

The safety measures work. The fact that we aren't seeing desired results proves we aren't doing as good of a job as those countries.

Most places that have the strictest guidelines implemented did so because they were experiencing the worst outbreaks, not the other way around. Much of Calif (especially LA) waited until things got really out of hand before implementing more severe measures in early Dec. Going to take a while now, to catch up in the most populated state in the US.
califdecshutdown.jpg

Most places that have the strictest guidelines implemented did so because they were experiencing the worst outbreaks, not the other way around. Much of Calif (especially LA) waited until things got really out of hand before implementing more severe measures in early Dec. Going to take a while now, to catch up in the most populated state in the US.
View attachment 1535

Ya but they implemented it 6 months ago and still have the highest rates. In fact, a strong case can be made that its having the opposite effect. Why do they maintain high numbers despite all the measures when place who haven't done so have come down?

6 months ago?
Calif had restrictions in place back in the early party of 2020, then eased them around June or July because of pressure from coastal areas that made their $$ off vacationers and beach goers. He waited until 1st week of Dec to re-implement the restrictions and by then the virus had a huge foothold and is going to be difficult to manage going forward.

Texas did the same more or less, a lockdown early on, the 1st easing of restrictions came sometime in April and early may but by late june/early July, Tx had it's 1st real #s problem and the Gov had to implement the statewide mask requirement on July 3. Too little too late, the virus was off and running in the 2 most populous states in the nation, with 9 of the top 15 most populated cities in the nation in those 2 states. Things got better in August with the mask mandate of July and Gov Abbott again eased restrictions in early texascovidjan21.jpgSept, then eased to 50% occupancy most businesses, then Oct 13, allowing 75% occupancy as school had also been re-started. Things went downhill from there.

Updated October 7, 2020

May operate up to 50% capacity, effective October 14, 2020

Open Texas Checklists Updated October 13, 2020

May operate up to 75% capacity, effective October 14, 2020
(See Executive Order 32

Those are very broad numbers for the whole state of Texas. Not every one has the same level of restrictions with in Texas. I dont know about California. With in Texas there are counties that have zero restaurants open, masks, etc and there are counties that are business as usual.

I think they should mandate pampers diapers....nothing could get in or out....since it don't hurt to breathe your own CO2 all day. i think I'm gonna buy some Proctor&Gamble stock cause when this gets out....pampers will be like toilet paper and P&G stock will go thru the roof.......

Those are very broad numbers for the whole state of Texas. Not every one has the same level of restrictions with in Texas. I dont know about California. With in Texas there are counties that have zero restaurants open, masks, etc and there are counties that are business as usual.
Counties can only open up under certain conditions that are set by the State, but ... local and county judges 'can' set their own standards tho the Gov may (and recently did) tell the citizens and business owners in those counties to ignore the local guidelines, as he did for Austin and Travis County over the New years holiday. The ones that are still closed down by State decree have yet not met the Texas gov's task force threshold regarding hospitalizations.

Gov. Greg Abbott directed restaurants to ignore local curfews — specifically in Travis County — that were implemented to mitigate the spread of the COVID-19 virus on New Year's Eve.

If a county, once their eateries and/or other businesses are allowed to reopen to the 50% or 75% capacity again have increased numbers of hospitalizations, the state orders those counties back into restriction, either back to 50% or closed completely to dine in.
As far as I know, there are no longer any Tx counties in which the state has ordered restaurants completely closed down. I know ya can still dine in (sit down) in Harris County as long as the establishment has adequate room for specified spacing of tables. Why? Houston metroplex has a huge number of hospital beds available in Texas Medical Center as well as outlying hospitals..(some places around here have ignored the spacing requirement)

I pay more attention to active cases than overall cases. In some counties, such as mine, the hospitalization thing can be a distinct disadvantage. We have few hospital beds within the county and it would be relatively easy for the hospitalization rate to exceed the 7 straight days of 15% of total Covid bed occupancy threshold, but as a low populated county, we are part of a 7 county trauma group of Deep East Texan counties with 262 hospital beds currently available. Trauma Region Service area H. This region includes Angelina, Nacogdoches, San Augustine, Sabine, Tyler, Polk, and San Jacinto counties.

Deep East Texas RAC

TSA: H
Total Staffed Hospital Beds: 566
Available Hospital Beds: 81
Available ICU Beds: 5
Available Ventilators Beds: 85
COVID-19 Patients in Hospital: 168
2020 Population Estimates: 272,151

What happens when a county or region exceeds the 15% occupancy rate:
Updated: 5:21 PM CST December 3, 2020

An order by Gov. Greg Abbott is requiring restaurant capacity in North Texas to be reduced from 75% to 50%.
This order went into effect Thursday after the North Texas region reported its seventh straight day with COVID-19 patients making up at least 15% of the hospitals' total capacity.
Non-essential businesses like gyms and retail stores in the area also must abide by this order.

Gov. Abbott confirmed Thursday this new capacity limit should now go into effect for the North Texas region.

That is I believe, about 15 counties altogether.

You need to get out from behind the computer and use your eyes and ears along with some common sense.

Those articles and stats aren't telling the whole story.

... and I'm well aware of the gov nonsense. Now you have to factor in what is actually going on. 🤣

Last edited:
I doubt it. I'm not a textbook mainstream institution kind of guy. I like thinking outside the box occasionally.
There are others besides me also. I had a farm visit from the top mineral rep in Ky for Purina a couple years ago....he asked what mineral i fed.....i said the wind and rain Hi-Mag year round. he just smiled and said he had been preachin hi mag for years and went on to tell how much magnesium a cow needed at all times. I thought to myself....finally somebody high up the ladder thinks like i do. This same guy used to manage a big ranch out west somewhere for a long time before going to work for Purina. Only problem with the W&R hi mag is that it only has about half the D3, E and A in it that the All season mineral has....which i think is important for cattle too this time of year......which is what I'm feeding now.
Lord knows most cattle producers with any sense at all vaccinate their cattle for Blackleg and other prevalent diseases or risk loosing them to disease. Are we too stupid to protect ourselves and other because we are afraid that we might be making a political statement? Yes I will be taking the vaccine as soon as it is available to me and I will encourage my family and friends to do the same.

Attachments

• 1186E496-B5C7-456F-92C3-FA712F533CC7.jpeg
    1186E496-B5C7-456F-92C3-FA712F533CC7.jpeg
    77.7 KB · Views: 4
I totally believe in vaccines - for people and animals. I just don't plan on being their guinea pig. Heck, they won't release a cattle vaccine with as little testing as what these vaccines have had. And we are talking about a bug that has 99+% survival rate.
I check with the airlines, and they still do not say anything about going to require proof of vaccine - YET.

Lets put it another way: If the safety measures don't work, how is it that countries like Australia, New Zealand, and Singapore have managed to control the virus? They don't have any tools that we don't have. They wore masks, observed social distancing, and contact traced infections to prevent the spread. That's it.

The safety measures work. The fact that we aren't seeing desired results proves we aren't doing as good of a job as those countries.
I love Singapore, I wish we could adopt many of their approaches particularly with regards to drugs and crime.

I love Singapore, I wish we could adopt many of their approaches particularly with regards to drugs and crime.
Are you sure? Have you visited? They have very strict rules and severe consequences. No gum or spitting. I guess you will comply with their mask rules? :)

Latest posts