Will you get the COVID vaccine?

Help Support CattleToday:

I'd love to be your feed supplement dealer.

The RDA of 90 mg doesn't mean you should try to maintain 90 mg in your system at all times. It's the maintenance intake rate, and it already accounts for the half life in relation to your body's needs.
I doubt it. I'm not a textbook mainstream institution kind of guy. I like thinking outside the box occasionally.
There are others besides me also. I had a farm visit from the top mineral rep in Ky for Purina a couple years ago....he asked what mineral i fed.....i said the wind and rain Hi-Mag year round. he just smiled and said he had been preachin hi mag for years and went on to tell how much magnesium a cow needed at all times. I thought to myself....finally somebody high up the ladder thinks like i do. This same guy used to manage a big ranch out west somewhere for a long time before going to work for Purina. Only problem with the W&R hi mag is that it only has about half the D3, E and A in it that the All season mineral has....which i think is important for cattle too this time of year......which is what I'm feeding now.

The thing that cracks me up....for their cattle, people are all talking all these vitamin/mineral supplements, free choice feeding, you name it.... looking at feed labels, seeing minimums and the articles that tout what they should be feeding cattle. But then they eat meals that are absolutely unhealthy.... and don't get the exercise that the cattle get, don't get the rest that the cattle get, and believe that commercially grown and processed food is wholesome and will provide all their needs. There are next to nothing on any labels except that there is xx amount of sodium, , calories....etc.... with little or no claims to the actual food value of the particular thing (say a vegetable) that they are eating. And then think that a "minimum value" decided by whatever group, that is the minimum needed for optimal health.

Many of us do eat a little healthier because much is home grown and picked and processed at optimal harvest time.... often eating it fresh. But if the soil is not healthy, then the particular produce is not healthy. We tout all the rotational grazing for cattle, fertilizer and soil amendments to improve the soil for our animal crops. There have been numerous studies that show that food is much less "mineral rich" than food was 50 years ago. Some of that is because we do not take care of our food producing soils as we should. Chemicals are used to control weeds; weeds, some of which actually help to improve the soil through what they bring up in TRACE minerals; and monocrops are 2 of the worst things we do to our ground where we grow our food crops.

I have had several blood and hair analysis done over the years because I just didn't feel "right". I am well aware of the doses considered RDA. It is way low for 2/3 of the population. Multi vitamins are usually a joke because the things used are so processed they often are not absorbed by the body in 1/10 th the amounts touted on the labels. Types of the vitamins in the different multi's are often not absorbed by the body. Or like Vitamin C... they take just one part of the whole vitamin C complex actually needed to be balanced in the body.

I also have a very low Vit D levels.... was put on a supplement for a month to get my levels up.... then told I was good. WTF ???? How is it going to stay up to where it should be if I just go back to the same old same old.....?????? Kenny is right, as you get older you also absorb less, and your body can process it less efficiently. There are probably 1 million that are deficient for every one that is at a toxic level.

I will take the best, healthiest type of supplement that I can afford. I try to eat decent, but being single, cooking is a pita for one.... and I don't always eat right or good. I am making a conscious effort to do better once I get into the new house.

Keeping your immune system healthy will go a long way to keeping your body able to withstand assaults like the C-virus, as it will help for ability to fight off the flu, common cold and other things. I am not saying vaccines are bad, but there are many cases where they are not the do all, end all, answer .

Why do they keep talking about the huge numbers of POSITIVES.... yet they never say well , we have 5,000 new cases diagnosed today, but over 20,000 have gone past the 14 day, or the 1 month, or whatever # that they want to use, as having gotten over this virus....????? Once you get it you are positive for the rest of eternity????? Oh wait a minute, now they are saying that you really only should be able to pass this virus for 10 days now.... but even if it is 14 days as advertised to be quarantined..... and you then test negative..... or never get sick..... then how come your status is not reported as some sort of getting over it, no longer able to infect others.... nothing.....There is nothing ever reported as RECOVERED.....
As I have asked in other groups I participate in..... once you have it, get over it.....what is your status..... are you maybe immune? are you somewhat immune/, can you still pass it?, do you need the vaccine ?, and if so WHY? Does the having it and getting over it, give you less immunity than the vaccine?

By the way, our mineral person says that hi-mag is more needed than not in most of this area also. I feed hi-mag and the highest Vit-A allowed in my custom mineral mix.

I read today that in Pakistan, Afghanistan and Nigeria, there is reluctance to get the vaccine. They believe that the vaccine will cause them to be sterile. THE REST OF THE STORY - This is about the POLIO vaccine. Yes POLIO. The vaccine that eliminated polio 60 years ago in North America. Polio is still endemic in these countries because many believe the vaccine will make them sterile and refuse it. No evidence that sterility happened in North America due to the polio vaccine.

Why do they keep talking about the huge numbers of POSITIVES.... yet they never say well , we have 5,000 new cases diagnosed today, but over 20,000 have gone past the 14 day, or the 1 month, or whatever # that they want to use, as having gotten over this virus....?????
Also if reporting daily number of covid deaths in our state is so important, why not put it in perspective. Without perspective the numbers are meaningless.

ie 100 deaths in Minnesota today; 30 from covid.
700 deaths last week: 210 from covid.
Then rolling average of total deaths vs covid deaths could be easily tracked.

Last edited:
The real question is, what about all of the 2nd hand smoke deaths?
A few years back people were supposedly dropping like flies from 2nd hand smoke. :)
if they had only been wearing masks, the smoke wouldn't have got em:giggle:

Seen on the tv evening news people were standing in lines for hours to get the vaccine. Others were in cars with lines backed up for miles. Wife asked me if I was going to sign up for the vaccine. Well after the front line, essential workers, and all of the people worried about dying from the china virus have got their shot.

As I have asked in other groups I participate in..... once you have it, get over it.....what is your status..... are you maybe immune? are you somewhat immune/, can you still pass it?, do you need the vaccine ?, and if so WHY? Does the having it and getting over it, give you less immunity than the vaccine?
AFAIK, there is no vaccine or disease that once infected with or vaccine given that is 100% guaranteed to provide lifelong protection and I have never heard any reputable Dr or other medical person claim otherwise.

Most of us older folks that got the smallpox vaccinations are probably at least somewhat susceptible of being infected with SP should it ever come back out of the wild.

The Yellow Fever vaccination I got years ago may be good for life, but that isn't always true for all people that received it. Same for the anthrax vaccination. and it's boosters. If I were traveling to a country where anthrax is prevalent, or work in an ag sector where there were increased risk of exposure, I would need an anthrax booster shot.

Your body's immune cells 'forget' after awhile. For some people, it's more prevalent than others.

Almost any of the Covid tracking sites has a category for number of 'recovered' cases. For instance:totrecovered.jpg

@greybeard , thank you for addressing my questions. I wasn't thinking along the lines of 100% immunity for life, but along the line of say immune for the season or somewhat immune for at least the season.... and maybe into another season with lesser immunity.... I mean, even tetanus needs a booster every 6-10 years.... what I was trying to have someone tell me was the "degree" of possible immunity. I have heard that the vaccine only provides "immunity" of a sort for maybe 3 months..... and that if you have the vaccine, and reach a certain level of immunity.... why do you need to continue the mask wearing and the social distancing????..... If someone gets the flu, yes, they can get it again... but it is usually a different strain and the severity is usually less or practically a non-issue.... But, if you have been tested positive for the c-virus, and if you have a case of it that is fairly active.... will you have as good or even better an immune response afterwords... more anti-bodies? If so, then why get the vaccine.....
And I have looked at a couple of sites, although I am by no means very good at this, and have not seen a whole bunch on the "recovered" stuff. What site was the above chart from? And why the HE// aren't they telling us some of the recovered info instead of the constant haranguing of the new cases and total cases without saying, hey we are also getting better at this rate.... Love, Hate, or Don't Care about Trump.... this is national and worldwide stuff.... the frickin media needs to start being a little more unbiased in their reporting so that we at least have a little something to look forward to besides the "END OF LIFE AS WE KNOW IT" with all the threats of more shut downs etc.....A simple spin of "hey the masks are working because even with the increased TESTING finding xx number more cases, xx number people are recovering from this"..... d#@n all the BS orders...

News media is all about Sensationalism
From Don Henley 1982 song - Dirty Laundry

I make my living off the evening news
Just give me something.... Something I can use
People love when you lose.... they love dirty laundry

We got the bubble headed bleached blond
Comes on at five
She can tell you about the plane crash with a gleam in her eye
It's interesting when people die
Give us dirty laundry

Talk about sensationalism
Yesterday a national news broadcaster described daily covid deaths as
the equivalent of 6 jumbo jets dropping out of the sky every day!

Last edited:
Top epidemiologist Knut Wittkowski says that the massive drop in influenza cases can be attributed to the fact that many are being falsely counted as COVID-19 cases.

Wittkowski, former Head of Biostatistics, Epidemiology and Research Design at Rockefeller University, cautioned that, "Influenza has been renamed COVID-19 in large part."

CB - I sure can believe that statement. Every year there are LOTS of deaths to the "common" flu. How many people have died this year from the flu????? No one is reporting any deaths that I have heard of.

CB - I sure can believe that statement. Every year there are LOTS of deaths to the "common" flu. How many people have died this year from the flu????? No one is reporting any deaths that I have heard of.
Yep lost my oldest sister in 2018. She caught the flu and sudden death pneumonia got her. It gets lots of elderly.

Wouldn't be shocked if many deaths are assumed to be covid and that is what is going on the death certificate. But the flu numbers being way down would likely be because of social distancing, shutdowns, and mask wearing. Numbers for everything that is transmitted between people should be down. If not, what they are telling people to do is not working.

I can't make sense of the decrease in the flu numbers. If it is because of mask wearing and social distancing and staying home, why is that working so much better for the flu than for covid? Both are spread the same way. Lots of people not taking those measures and going with a business as usual approach. Why are those people not getting the flu at the historic rates? just can't rationalize it. Months ago, the medical community speculated that the combination of flu and covid would make each worse. Something not adding up.

If there are less cases of the flu it only makes sense that it is not spreading as fast. Simple math.

I can't make sense of the decrease in the flu numbers. If it is because of mask wearing and social distancing and staying home, why is that working so much better for the flu than for covid? Both are spread the same way. Lots of people not taking those measures and going with a business as usual approach. Why are those people not getting the flu at the historic rates? just can't rationalize it. Months ago, the medical community speculated that the combination of flu and covid would make each worse. Something not adding up.
People who get the flu are more likely to experience symptoms sooner after becoming contagious, so they're more likely to stay home and not infect others. With covid, there are a lot of asymptomatic shedders who think they are healthy, and that contributes to the spread even with the precautions in place. Add in that covid is more deadly than most strains of the flu, so the numbers for covid would be expected to be higher if you're looking primarily at deaths.

People who think the safety measures aren't working are assuming that things are as bad as they can be, which is probably not the case.

If the safety measures are working so well, why are the numbers in Calif going through the roof and they are in much more restrictive lockdown. Yes, I know that there are those that don't follow the rules etc., but still, their numbers are going through the roof according to the news.... with hospitals supposedly at capacity.... and their lock down is much more severe....so I cannot believe that the restrictive measures are helping much. Doesn't add up.

Latest posts