Will you get the COVID vaccine?

Help Support CattleToday:

Are you sure? Have you visited? They have very strict rules and severe consequences. No gum or spitting. I guess you will comply with their mask rules? :)

I'm totally familiar with their culture and their rules. I love they way they handle scofflaws. We could learn much.

Lord knows most cattle producers with any sense at all vaccinate their cattle for Blackleg and other prevalent diseases or risk loosing them to disease. Are we too stupid to protect ourselves and other because we are afraid that we might be making a political statement? Yes I will be taking the vaccine as soon as it is available to me and I will encourage my family and friends to do the same.
So, are all vaccines created equal? Nothing political at all about it for me. Just vaccinate up all you want.

My understanding is we get a flu shot every year because the flu mutates and they try to get a vaccine that will have the most effect on the years mutation.

So if this covid is mutating after the current vaccines were developed, should we wait on a new vaccine for the current mutation?

Last edited:
My understanding is we get a flu shot every year because the flu mutates and they try to get a vaccine that will have the most effect on the years mutation.

So if this covid is mutating after the current vaccines were developed, should we wait on a new vaccine for the current mutation?
It's my understanding that the new vaccines will prevent the new mutations as well.

Hearing reports - not confirmed yet - that there is yet another new viral mutant that has a difference in its 'spike protein' that may not be protected against by the currently approved vaccines. If this is true, and it assumes predominance, it'll be back to the ol' drawing board for development of another vaccine.

Got my first shot today. Thats the most people in one place that I have been around since this virus started. I feel much safer on the farm

Can you feel the antenna or is it so small you don't know it is there? LOL

Pretty bad your biggest exposure risk is trying for the cure huh.

Can you feel the antenna or is it so small you don't know it is there? LOL

Pretty bad your biggest exposure risk is trying for the cure huh.
Just so I wouldn't take any chances, I went to the farm after work and have been drinking plenty of clear spring water. Lol. Kills all germs.

Just so I wouldn't take any chances, I went to the farm after work and have been drinking plenty of clear spring water. Lol. Kills all germs.
A farmer friend of mine told me that he heard Ivermectin would knock it right out. (not sure I will rely on that advice) I think I will go with the vaccine or/and the MMR2 shot. My mother was vaccinated (first round) last week.

You laugh. A friend was at a big cattle show and spoke to several people that had been tested positive and fought off the bug. He asked them what they did for it. Several said they used Ivomec Pour On. :oops:

A farmer friend of mine told me that he heard Ivermectin would knock it right out. (not sure I will rely on that advice) I think I will go with the vaccine or/and the MMR2 shot. My mother was vaccinated (first round) last week.
I am going to get the vaccine and check on the MMRII shot but I am not against trying the ivomec if I get sick

Last edited:
Dr Pierre Kory went before the Senate sub committee to plead the case for Ivermectin. Hundreds of researchers and doctors and papers on the effect that Ivermectin has, to STOP the virus. It was on Youtube for awhile. I don't know if you can pull it up. But it is about time these sob's start to listen to and at least explore the science that these doctors and researchers and others have seen the the effects of it. Ivermectin has been used for years in countries for both internal and external parasites..... there is a "human form" that actually is available by prescription.
In TSC there is a sign at the horse wormer that it is not for human consumption.... the human dose is the same as the horse dosage...mg (?) per lb. But using the pour on will not kill us either. He//, most of us have had it get on us when using it on cattle.

Amazing.... all of a sudden NY is saying they need to "open up the restaurants" ; makes me sick that now that the new democrat administration is saying that it will help the economy to open up the restaurants and bars...... but then we are supposed to follow the more restrictive 100 day mask mandates....

Distribution of the vaccine seems to be a bureaucratic mess. My mother is 90. In South Carolina, her age (over 70) was in group 1B, but was recently moved to 1A - available now. Where to register for the vaccine? Our regional hospital system website has a "click here button" to register. That button takes you to a site that explains that you must have a unique email address in order to register. Can't use someone else's email - they will need theirs to register for their vaccine. My 90 year old mother does not have an email address. But needs to get that first. Not much info requested - name, birth date, work status, phone number, email. Hit submit and you get an email that says request received and don't contact us again. Then wait until you get a second email many days later directing you to sign up for another account and you end up on a CDC website to select a location and time. Takes 2 hours of entering info over and over since it times out waiting for the CDC website to respond. They need all your insurance information (even though you will receive the vaccine at a facility that already has that) and a list of all your drugs. A 90 year old takes a lot of drugs. Got an appointment in 3 weeks. And be sure to bring the printout with the QR code on it or your smartphone with the QR code. She has no computer and no smartphone. I don't see how an older person could do it on their own.
My wife and I are in the over 65 group. In South Carolina, that is in group 1C which they expect to get to in the spring. In Georgia and North Carolina next door, over 65 age is in group 1A - available now. Wonder if we can just get the vaccine in Georgia? Well, it depends on where you go. If you go through the government county health departments, it depends on the county. Some require you to be a county resident or work in the county. Some don't care where you are from. Takes a long time to research that. Then there are some independent pharmacies that have the vaccine that apparently provide it to everyone IF they have doses.
My daughter the veterinarian has struggled with staffing as employees come down with covid or get exposed to covid from family members. She wants the vaccine. In South Carolina, vets are in the last group after everyone else has been offered it. Group 1A includes medical people of all kinds, firemen, athletic trainers, chiropractors, dental staff, optical staff, harbor pilots, dieticians, radiology technicians, speech pathologists, etc. But not vets. She has vet friends in different states. In Alabama, vets are in group 1A - available now. She called the hotline in Alabama and was told that she can get the vaccine there regardless of where she is from. They asked which county she wants to come to and told her that county would contact her to schedule her appointment. Told her it should be just a few days.
We certainly had a lot of time to figure some of this out in the last year. Apparently, not long enough. Just seems an example of where technology and government has failed us in some regards. I remember the new polio vaccine in the late 50's, I think. Just show up and get your vaccine. No groups, no restrictions, no paperwork, no bureaucracy, just show up, get in line and get it done. Just seems over regulated now. Differing restrictions by states with the ability to just register in another state just adds frustrations and increases the cost and inconvenience.
Some said to put Chick-fil-a in charge of distribution and administration. I tend to agree.

Daughter and one employee had Covid last summer. And a recent new exposure. Went to get checked for antibodies from the last summer infection. Test showed no antibodies for either of them. Implications of that are disturbing.

I am going to get the vaccine and check on the MMRII shot but I am not against trying the ivomec if I get sick
My folks were drinking it! I may be ignorant, but I fail to see how an anti-parasitic is effective against a virus. But, I will readily admit I am not a Scientist or Medical Professional. I will rely on them.

Won't be getting it. For a 99.9% recovery?

I got tested over the holidays (had symptoms/low fever) they called back with positive result, told me to get a bunch of OTC stuff, vit-C, Vit-D, zinc, etc, and asked if I wanted an Rx for Ivermectin....said Sure... Took 4 little pills for two days. it is an antiparasitc (for malaria, etc). Don't know about the paste or pour-on from Ag supply stores. I do have Cydectin pour-on out in the shop though. :)

I have had far worse colds, max temp was 100.2 (once) usually 99.x. I will not take a "rushed through" vaccine for what I had!! But I don't get the flu shots either.
I understand others with health problems/risks it is a different ball game. Ya'll can have it!!

Latest posts