Will you get the COVID vaccine?

Help Support CattleToday:

I don't think very many people are afraid of dieing from the vaccine - I, for one, don't want to be hearing TV commercials in 10 years saying "if you got the Covid-19 Vaccine, contact this attorney". I will continue to let others be the guinea pig.
I refuse to be so scared of dying I quit living. There is three of the seven of us left. We all have to go lost a sibling on the 10th.
If I go tomorrow I have had a great ride. Now that being said I am a little like my old uncle that always used to say. I know heaven is my home I'm just homesick tonight.

The vaccine works and maybe it doesn't???????????????

It won't prevent those that have been vaccinated from contracting, carrying, and spreading the virus, it will only help prevent the vaccinated from developing and experiencing the symptoms as much... less severe to more likely asymptomatic. Therefore, it will more easily increase their likelihood of being an "asymptomatic spreader". Nobody knows if the "immunity/antibodies" from the vaccine will be stronger or last longer than the "immunity/antibodies" one develops from contracting the virus.

It won't prevent those that have been vaccinated from contracting, carrying, and spreading the virus, it will only help prevent the vaccinated from developing and experiencing the symptoms as much... less severe to more likely asymptomatic. Therefore, it will more easily increase their likelihood of being an "asymptomatic spreader". Nobody knows if the "immunity/antibodies" from the vaccine will be stronger or last longer than the "immunity/antibodies" one develops from contracting the virus.
That, is an opinion that has no basis either way in fact. If it were true, then no vaccine in the history of man or animal would have worked.

An effective vaccine will protect a person who receives it by lowering their chances of getting COVID-19 if they encounter the coronavirus. Widespread vaccination for the coronavirus means that the virus will not infect as many people. This will limit spread through communities.

Don't worry Jeanne. There already have been tens of thousands of Americans that willingly stepped forward and became those Phase 3 test Guinea pigs for you and, another 2 million plus since that, are quite happy to make sure it is safe for you to take.
As of July 30, 138,600 Americans had already stepped forward to be part of the testing (Moderna and Pfizer) and before the 2 currently used vaccines began being administered this month, & that number had increased by 60,000 in the J&J (Jansen) phase 3 trials.
Novavax is currently in Phase 3 trials with another 30,000 "guinea pigs' so you and others can feel more at ease.
America has always had a rather small % (approx 1%) that willingly stepped up for the rest of the country. 2020 is no exception.

"Nobody knows if the "immunity/antibodies" from the vaccine will be stronger or last longer than the "immunity/antibodies" one develops from contracting the virus."

One thing almost everyone (except a few way-out-there conspiracy theorists) do know. The odds of either of the 2 current vaccines killing 346,500+ Americans is so low that it isn't even considered possible. That is how many have died chasing in-the-wild "herd immunity".

Last edited:
Read an article where they confirmed ivermectin was working and had great success with in 48hrs. Actually had a higher percentage than the vaccine. They are moving on to trials for dosage amounts in humans.
As a preventative or treatment?
Got a source for that information and if so, was/is the trial a large scale double blind trial?
The ivermectin claims that were touted in front of congress last month or so were in vitro.

• Ivermectin has been trialed in treating the coronavirus SARS-CoV-2, which is the virus that causes COVID-19.
  • An in vitro trial has shown ivermectin reduces the number of cell-associated viral RNA by 99.8 % in 24 hours. An in vitro study is when they study cells in a laboratory and not in a living organism.
  • More studies are now needed to be done using ivermectin on people or animals to see how well ivermectin works against COVID-19. This is in vivo testing.

The vaccine works and maybe it doesn't???????????????

There have been multiple research trials involving tens of thousands of people confirming that it works. The data is published. It's been reviewed and confirmed by multiple government agencies, both foreign and domestic. It's published for the whole world, even you, to see: https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2034577. We know that immunity is only provided roughly a week after a second dose.

The evidence overwhelmingly supports the fact that the vaccine works. Millions of people have received it with no serious issue. Yet people are still clinging to every shred of a possibility that it will fail or be dangerous or whatever, because it's too hard to just admit they've been wrong all along.

I'm getting mine tomorrow afternoon-Medical staff. I'll let you know if my third eye starts twitching every time I pass a cell tower...
right now we have every ICU bed in the county full (2 hospitals), 22 of 24 beds on a regular med-surg floor are now Covid patients,the ER had 24 positive of 26 suspected cases yesterday, with daily ER visits of 220/24 hours-not just Covid or pneumonia. ER wait time is about 4 hours. Dang right I'm going to do whatever it takes to slow this crap down. If we all explode in 6 months or become zombies, it won't matter at that point (except to those who aren't part of the fun).
Thank you Hpacres, for the dedicated work you do for us all.

RDFF said:

That, is an opinion that has no basis either way in fact. If it were true, then no vaccine in the history of man or animal would have worked.

An effective vaccine will protect a person who receives it by lowering their chances of getting COVID-19 if they encounter the coronavirus. Widespread vaccination for the coronavirus means that the virus will not infect as many people. This will limit spread through communities.

Don't worry Jeanne. There already have been tens of thousands of Americans that willingly stepped forward and became those Phase 3 test Guinea pigs for you and, another 2 million plus since that, are quite happy to make sure it is safe for you to take.
As of July 30, 138,600 Americans had already stepped forward to be part of the testing (Moderna and Pfizer) and before the 2 currently used vaccines began being administered this month, & that number had increased by 60,000 in the J&J (Jansen) phase 3 trials.
Novavax is currently in Phase 3 trials with another 30,000 "guinea pigs' so you and others can feel more at ease.
America has always had a rather small % (approx 1%) that willingly stepped up for the rest of the country. 2020 is no exception.

"Nobody knows if the "immunity/antibodies" from the vaccine will be stronger or last longer than the "immunity/antibodies" one develops from contracting the virus."

One thing almost everyone (except a few way-out-there conspiracy theorists) do know. The odds of either of the 2 current vaccines killing 346,500+ Americans is so low that it isn't even considered possible. That is how many have died chasing in-the-wild "herd immunity".

Vaccines may not prevent the transmission of Covid-19 from vaccinated to unvaccinated, Moderna chief doctor warns | The Independent

"Moderna, an American biotechnology company, announced its coronavirus vaccine was 94.5 per cent effective at protecting people from Covid-19. But the company's top doctor has now warned this news doesn't necessarily mean those who are vaccinated will be unable to transmit the virus to the unvaccinated.
"They do not show that they prevent you from potentially carrying this virus transiently and infecting others," Moderna Chief Medical Officer Tal Zaks told Axios, adding the public should not "over-interpret the results"

Explainer: Will COVID-19 vaccines protect us? Does efficacy equal effectiveness? | Reuters
"Will these vaccines stop the Covid-19 Pandemic? Experts say this is unlikely. More realistic, they say, is that we will have to live alongside the SARS-CoV-2 virus."

Even the link that you include doesn't say that the vaccines will effectively "kill" the virus, or eliminate it. It says that an effective vaccine will help the body to build immune system antibodies, which then help to protect a person who RECEIVES it (the vaccine) "from getting sick from it" (the virus), and to "recognize it" when they encounter it in the future and "fight it off". This reduction in severity of virus symptoms will help to reduce the amount of individual and thereby community viral load (not as many complimentary hosts for it to multiply unrestrained), and therefore, THAT will reduce, but not eliminate, the carrying and shedding of the virus by the "vaccinated" individual. Vaccination WON'T prevent the vaccinated from being an "asymptomatic carrier/spreader" though. This is ALSO what happens with a normal exposure and immune system response.

From the article you included a link to: "An effective vaccine will protect a person who receives it by lowering their chances of getting COVID-19 if they encounter the coronavirus. Widespread vaccination for the coronavirus means that the virus will not infect (...meaning cause as severe of symptoms, and multiply unchecked because they then become a less "receptive host"...) as many people. This will limit spread through communities."

Last edited:
RDFF said:

Vaccines may not prevent the transmission of Covid-19 from vaccinated to unvaccinated, Moderna chief doctor warns | The Independent

"Moderna, an American biotechnology company, announced its coronavirus vaccine was 94.5 per cent effective at protecting people from Covid-19. But the company's top doctor has now warned this news doesn't necessarily mean those who are vaccinated will be unable to transmit the virus to the unvaccinated.
"They do not show that they prevent you from potentially carrying this virus transiently and infecting others," Moderna Chief Medical Officer Tal Zaks told Axios, adding the public should not "over-interpret the results"
You were warned not to "over-interpret the results", and you didn't listen. The extent to which the vaccine prevents transmission remains to be seen, and scientific language is cautious. When he says it "may not" prevent transmission, all that means is it hasn't been proven yet. He's definitely not saying it won't prevent transmission. It probably does, to some degree.

It's OK to be hopefully optimistic about the potential of the vaccines. I mean, who WOULDN'T want these vaccines to be a success? And I'm willing to accept the criticism for my "cautious conservatism". It's all in how each of us choose to "interpret" the words that are used to attempt to convey what they "may or may not" have the capacity to accomplish.

However, it certainly appears that there's alot of people out there that have gotten the impression from somewhere that these vaccines are going to completely eradicate this virus. Nobody even in the vaccine development community has THAT lofty a hope for them. At best, they HOPE that they will be much more like the flu vaccine, where you pretty much have to be vaccinated every year, and then they expect that they will have to try to guess which strain or variant of it will "show up to the party" each year, and try to stay ahead of it.

Remember though, the warnings BY THE VACCINE DEVELOPERS about "over-interpreting the results" weren't directed at those who might appear to be taking an overly cautious position............... they were very specifically and intentionally aimed squarely at those who would jump to the conclusion "that they prevent you from potentially carrying this virus transiently and infecting others".

Those are the "straight facts"... with no interpretation required.

Last edited:
Have a friend down near Nixa, Mo. who gets a chemo injection each week and three times a week in for dialysis treatment. He came down with the virus, was put in the hospital and given remdesivir, and was home doing fine in 5 days. I was really surprised because if those with compromised immune systems are at high risk, he has to be in that category.
Good news!

Amen

Thank you Hpacres, for the dedicated work you do for us all.
I don't believe I'm doing anything for anyone other than myself and the people I come in contact with. If it takes a bunch of us nurses and hospital staff to take the vaccine, so that we can take care of those who choose not to utilize the vaccine or preventive measures, then so be it. Purely self- and family-member preservation at this point (since apparently having concern for the vulnerable and society as a whole is considered a character flaw).

With covid, it seems everyone who dies is labeled a covid death....especially if tested positive. With the vaccine now its looking like everything will be the complete opposite...... anybody who has a health issue or dies after being vaccinated....be it one day or one week after...will be simply a coincidence.

I don't believe I'm doing anything for anyone other than myself and the people I come in contact with. If it takes a bunch of us nurses and hospital staff to take the vaccine, so that we can take care of those who choose not to utilize the vaccine or preventive measures, then so be it. Purely self- and family-member preservation at this point (since apparently having concern for the vulnerable and society as a whole is considered a character flaw).

We know there is a bit of sarcasm in that parenthesized part but your daily efforts and extreme risk there on the front lines (even without Covid) are NOT going without notice or appreciation to most of us.

With covid, it seems everyone who dies is labeled a covid death....especially if tested positive. With the vaccine now its looking like everything will be the complete opposite...... anybody who has a health issue or dies after being vaccinated....be it one day or one week after...will be simply a coincidence.
You don't seem to understand that the people who die with Covid, even with underlying conditions, probably would not have died had it not been for Covid. The number you aren't seeing are the people dying because access to medical care is been strangled dealing with this stupid virus. Yes, I'm sure someone will die after receiving a vaccine. Does that justify not vaccinating those who need it? No. 300,000+ who are now in the ground have already proven that what's happening now isn't doing the job.

This covid thing appears to be a deficiency issue.....if somebody is 80 plus years old or middle age for that matter and D3, C, Zinc, Selenium, Magnesium deficient......they are sitting ducks for covid and any other bug that comes around.
if your just relying on a mask and a very iffy vaccine and hoping for the best...then good luck to ya.

Latest posts