Will this affect farmers?

Help Support CattleToday:

I was feeling this at 530 AM . I feel it's necessary and I support the tariffs. Business is going to have to adapt.
We've been through it before and lost a bundle on jobs bid at old prices. I've learned my lesson and will be prepared with enough to stock to cover all jobs sold and plenty more. Wherever I have to get it.
The strong will be just fine.

Of course it will affect farmers. Did you read the part about soybean exports to China? Every economic advisor in the Trump administration was strongly opposed to the tariffs but he signs for implementation anyway.

Yep. It looks like it's going to mean some big changes for my family, but like Fence said, it's necessary and the strong will improvise, adapt, and overcome.

Think China can get enough soybeans from Brazil? They've got a lot of hogs to feed.

ga.prime":3faqw0ot said:
Of course it will affect farmers. Did you read the part about soybean exports to China? Every economic advisor in the Trump administration was strongly opposed to the tariffs but he signs for implementation anyway.

Screw the farmers it seems their all on welfare. If the government stopped price support, contract and insurance farming, they'd all be broke tomorrow.

"Trump also rejected pleas from companies that are heavy users of steel and aluminum, including automakers and the beer industry, which warned that higher prices would hurt sales and potentially lead to layoffs. In 2002, the last time the United States imposed steel tariffs, steel users blamed the measures for the loss of up to 200,000 jobs.

Steel prices began moving Thursday as word of the tariffs leaked. One benchmark, for hot-rolled coil steel, posted a two-day rise of nearly 13 percent.

The aluminum tariff is forecast to create around 1,900 jobs and smelters — but will destroy 23,000 to 90,000 jobs in other manufacturing sectors, said Jorge Vazquez, managing director of Harbor Aluminum.""

ga.prime":2sl16qqk said:
"Trump also rejected pleas from companies that are heavy users of steel and aluminum, including automakers and the beer industry, which warned that higher prices would hurt sales and potentially lead to layoffs. In 2002, the last time the United States imposed steel tariffs, steel users blamed the measures for the loss of up to 200,000 jobs.

Steel prices began moving Thursday as word of the tariffs leaked. One benchmark, for hot-rolled coil steel, posted a two-day rise of nearly 13 percent.

The aluminum tariff is forecast to create around 1,900 jobs and smelters — but will destroy 23,000 to 90,000 jobs in other manufacturing sectors, said Jorge Vazquez, managing director of Harbor Aluminum.""
Heard the rise in aluminum prices would raise the price of a case of beer by $.01 and price of a 747 by $20K

sim.-ang.king":xxb7e8or said:
If they would of never removed the tariffs, we wouldn't be having this discussion right now.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Like button not enough for this one.

Surprising how everything is caught off guard......by a man doing exactly what he said he was going to do.

sim.-ang.king":2kks35p0 said:
It will be good for scrap prices, they are pitiful right now.

I thought of that this morning. I have a neighbor that's got really cruddy fence between us. He said I could have it if I pulled it down. It's scrap, but it might be worth the work at this point.

Latest posts