****wild hogs!!!!!

Help Support CattleToday:

Calman

Reaction score
Going down a gravel road with hay buggy and a bail of hay and two sows and a bunch of pigs darted across the road in front of me.There's heavy growth of brush on each side of the road and when I saw the dam things they were about ten feet in front of my truck
Don't know how I missed the rest but I sure nuff ran over a sow.
Took of one of my running lights and tore up all that plastic junk under the bumper.Jacknifed me and tore up the hay buggy.I could feel my truck being lifted off the road.
Needless to say I was some kind of upset. Guess it was a good thing I was driving a 4WD with skid plates underneath. :mad: :mad:

Cal

Sorry to hear that Calman. :( Glad that I've only ever seen one around here.

Don't you just hate stuff like that ? You can be goin along pretty good, then something like that happens . All you can do is straighten what can be straightened, replace what has to be replaced and go on . A year from now it'll just be another story .

Larry

Calman":1i0fz803 said:
Going down a gravel road with hay buggy and a bail of hay and two sows and a bunch of pigs darted across the road in front of me.There's heavy growth of brush on each side of the road and when I saw the dam things they were about ten feet in front of my truck
Took of one of my running lights and tore up all that plastic junk under the bumper.Jacknifed me and tore up the hay buggy.I could feel my truck being lifted off the road.
Needless to say I was some kind of upset. Guess it was a good thing I was driving a 4WD with skid plates underneath. :mad: :mad:

Cal

sry this happened to you cal. it happened to me and some friends of mine coming home one night from dropping off some calves at the market.

grand chaser09":1lvcb9ks said:
Calman":1lvcb9ks said:

Cal

sry this happened to you cal. it happened to me and some friends of mine coming home one night from dropping off some calves at the market. there all over down here.

Calman":1islltjv said:

Cal

Had the same thing happen to me in my 4wd with a ranchhand on the front and it broke the bolts, rolled the bumper and ate the front end. There were 8 four legged casualties in that wreck.

Cowboy 2.0":281qwe83 said:
Had the same thing happen to me in my 4wd with a ranchhand on the front and it broke the bolts, rolled the bumper and ate the front end. There were 8 four legged casualties in that wreck.

Well that sounds like it might have been intentional.

Well it started with seeing the head of one pig sticking out of the brushand the bright idea of clipping it. But then the road disapeared and it was a sea of hogs. By then we were at the point of no return, just grab onto something and hang on.

Cowboy 2.0":3dgt3hiu said:
Well it started with seeing the head of one pig sticking out of the brushand the bright idea of clipping it. But then the road disapeared and it was a sea of hogs. By then we were at the point of no return, just grab onto something and hang on.
Lol, that's what you get for trying to kill the wildlife. They all go after you. :lol:

FarmGirl10":3bx8xnnp said:

Its just a matter of time , they are marching north.

curtis":2kvo2ftd said:
FarmGirl10":2kvo2ftd said:

Its just a matter of time , they are marching north.
You can take the black vultures back too. :mad: The ones we have up here were suposed to be escapee's from someones personal hunting stock.

at least ya killed one of em...and a sow to boot! yaaaaaaay!
too bad fer yer truk but anymore i dont even swerve for any animal short of a cow or horse. theyre just too big to hit.
makes it worse to be in the ditch full of water hangin from yer seatbelt and the deer ya missed is standing on the side of the road lookin at ya tryin to climb out...on new yrs eve yet... bout 10 mi from nowhere on yer way home. was a long walk at 2 am...guess noone else was drivin that nite....btw i was on my way home from work not from partyin...

Can you eat it at least? I'm glad we don't have wild pigs up here-I've heard nothing but bad things about them. Only things that get hit up here are Moose, deer, turkey, squirrels. The coyotes, bobcats, and the rest are smart enough to stay away from the road. The turkeys have become an awful menace up here though-they stopped the hunt a while back and just brought it back a few years ago but its so restricted the populations are out of control. They aren't really scared of much either-they'll just stand there in the road and look at you.

LoveMoo11":3tj1zf8h said:
Can you eat it at least? I'm glad we don't have wild pigs up here-I've heard nothing but bad things about them. Only things that get hit up here are Moose, deer, turkey, squirrels. The coyotes, bobcats, and the rest are smart enough to stay away from the road. The turkeys have become an awful menace up here though-they stopped the hunt a while back and just brought it back a few years ago but its so restricted the populations are out of control. They aren't really scared of much either-they'll just stand there in the road and look at you.

Not much left but hair and guts. I'm suprised that my air bags didn't go off. I think I'll take them out anyhow.
Never did like the thought of something exploding in my face. My daughter has a small scar on her face from a burn of an airbag. Some one pulled out in front of her.

Cal

My son was wanting to get a low rider honda civic. I tried to tell him not to. So he goes and buys one. One day coming home he hits a dog. Dog gets sucked up under the car and gets stuck up under the body kit type deal he had on the car. He spent a couple hours prying that thing outta there. Smelt like death warmed over cuz it was from the motor and tranny cooking the corpse.

Latest posts