Wild hogs

Help Support CattleToday:

We haven't had a hog problem for ruffly 2 or 3 years. And even then it wasn't all that many, the trap shown we've never used before, it's borrowed, someone borrowed ours that caught many a hog and aint seen hide nor hair of that fella since. The panels we are usin get smaller down at the bottom, about 2 inches, for the first couple squares then 3 for couple more.....the heart shaped trap is probably 20 x 30 ft or so....hopefully we'll catch a few. I know we'll never git rid of all of em, but generally when we trap a few, or kill a few at night with the spotlight, they go away for a good while. don't wish em on anyone else, but that seems to be how it works.

Dusty Britches.....that is a mean looking Hog. Not like those pet ones of Caustics :D From now on I am staying in my truck and locking the doors when I go through Texas :D

jersey lilly":bqbdqc31 said:
We haven't had a hog problem for ruffly 2 or 3 years. And even then it wasn't all that many, the trap shown we've never used before, it's borrowed, someone borrowed ours that caught many a hog and aint seen hide nor hair of that fella since. The panels we are usin get smaller down at the bottom, about 2 inches, for the first couple squares then 3 for couple more.....the heart shaped trap is probably 20 x 30 ft or so....hopefully we'll catch a few. I know we'll never git rid of all of em, but generally when we trap a few, or kill a few at night with the spotlight, they go away for a good while. don't wish em on anyone else, but that seems to be how it works.

They'll bounce around in there like basketballs. They'll jump up and get their heads through on the upper openings, wiggle and squeeze. Think of cows getting across a fence; one goes they all will. Hogs are much more intelligent critters and that is a complete shame. If one gets out the others will follow.

Latest posts