Wild a$$ varmit gun

Help Support CattleToday:

skcatlman

Reaction score
I was at a gun show today and saw a wild a$$ varmit gun it came with all the equipment to reload and make your own shells it was a 223-30. Basically a 223 lead on a necked down 308 cartidge. The owner had passed away and the dealer was selling the complete kit the gun was wild looking the barrel was about 2 ft longer than any rifle i have seen. And a used US military sniper scope. Like i said wild thing. The previous owner had set distance records for accuracy with the gun. Has anyone else ever seen a gun like this before?

skcatlman":138eledc said:
I was at a gun show today and saw a wild a$$ varmit gun it came with all the equipment to reload and make your own shells it was a 223-30. Basically a 223 lead on a necked down 308 cartidge. The owner had passed away and the dealer was selling the complete kit the gun was wild looking the barrel was about 2 ft longer than any rifle i have seen. And a used US military sniper scope. Like i said wild thing. The previous owner had set distance records for accuracy with the gun. Has anyone else ever seen a gun like this before?

It is called a 22-243 by some. The 22-250 Ackley Improved has better ballistics and is inherently more accurate.

What kind of action was it built on? Was the action trued?

What kind of barrel? What twist? What trigger?

You should have bought it anyway! :lol:

Hi mikec i didn't spend that much time looking at the particulars of the gun it was a bolt action i believe a mauser. I didn't look at the twist of the lands and grooves, legnth and the thickness of the barrel drew more attention it had an outside diameter 1" and was about 2 feet longer than my model 700 barrel. I thought about buying it but i am happy with my ruger made 223 for coyotes.

skcatlman":1chekik4 said:
thats something i would buy, but i dont need.

I really got the hots for a 25-06 or 22-250!!
feller i know said he shot a prarie dog at 800yards with his
25-06 :shock:

P1010715-1.jpg

My son just bought this Tikka T3 in 25.06 it's a sweet little gun. Can't wait to warm up some gophers with it for him lol. Should be a nice gun for mulies and antelope too.

allenfarms":jijtlss6 said:
I really got the hots for a 25-06 or 22-250!!
feller i know said he shot a prarie dog at 800yards with his
25-06 :shock:
my neighbor has a 25-06. its a sniper rifle, though (SWAT team). i shot them before, theyre pretty nice guns

Northern Rancher":2xo8hgon said:
P1010715-1.jpg

My son just bought this Tikka T3 in 25.06 it's a sweet little gun. Can't wait to warm up some gophers with it for him lol. Should be a nice gun for mulies and antelope too.

JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!

What kinda green did he trade for that there firearm?

Latest posts