Wife got a little pet today

Help Support CattleToday:

Hope she enjoys it. At least it won't eat as much as a full sized one. Those minis can be little pistols.

A.J. said:
Hope she enjoys it. At least it won't eat as much as a full sized one. Those minis can be little pistols.
Yea it's already been a fun first day of owning it. Today's was first tine he's been touched since day he was born. He's supposed to be 6 months old. So you can only imagine I told her if he gets out of the barn lot I ain't chasing it in the pastures he'll just run free

We refer to them as barbecue horses. Just the right size to put to cook whole. Why roast a pig when you can do it to a horse?

ALACOWMAN said:
No offense to you and yours... what you have there is worthless, as tits on a boar hog..

Hey I agree but she's tends to the place and livestock while I'm gone 2 weeks out of every month working so I gotta give alittle

DCA farm said:
ALACOWMAN said:
No offense to you and yours... what you have there is worthless, as tits on a boar hog..

Hey I agree but she's tends to the place and livestock while I'm gone 2 weeks out of every month working so I gotta give alittle

And I think you mentioned she does it with Littles ones by her side? She sounds like a good woman. And you're a smart man for giving her what she wants

cowgal604 said:
DCA farm said:
ALACOWMAN said:

And I think you mentioned she does it with Littles ones by her side? She sounds like a good woman. And you're a smart man for giving her what she wants

Yes a 6 year old 3 year old and a 5 month old

DCA farm said:
ALACOWMAN said:

well if she's taking care of it..the situation should resolve itself.. ;-)

Ha! If she's watchin the place with 3 little ones by her side, let her have the pony. Matter of fact, I have another one she might be interested in! Just trying to help, ya know matching team and all.

Hopefully, she will have the patience to work with it quietly, and it will tame down. It looks like a little stud? Get it gelded ASAP for the safety of the kids if nothing else. Might make it hate being handled all over again for a little bit, but it will be safer. They are cute, but not being handled is going to be a challenge. Best of luck to her, hope it works out real well.

My kids were given a miniature gelding some years ago. I made a surrey and took the horse to a trainer. He turned out to be a great little guy, and my four kids had loads of fun; We even took him to the county fair and gave rides. He would do anything for a small carrot.

My dad gave my kids a shetland pony one year.. long ago.
Took a couple of decades but I finally forgave him for it.

Latest posts