Wife got a little pet today

Help Support CattleToday:

A.J.

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 23, 2009
Messages
1,370
Reaction score
277
Location
NE Tennessee
Hope she enjoys it. At least it won’t eat as much as a full sized one. Those minis can be little pistols.
 
OP
D

DCA farm

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 22, 2018
Messages
595
Reaction score
40
Location
beauregard Parish Louisiana
A.J. said:
Hope she enjoys it. At least it won’t eat as much as a full sized one. Those minis can be little pistols.
Yea it’s already been a fun first day of owning it. Today’s was first tine he’s been touched since day he was born. He’s supposed to be 6 months old. So you can only imagine I told her if he gets out of the barn lot I ain’t chasing it in the pastures he’ll just run free
 

Dave

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 12, 2004
Messages
10,292
Reaction score
2,182
Location
Baker County, Oregon
We refer to them as barbecue horses. Just the right size to put to cook whole. Why roast a pig when you can do it to a horse?
 
OP
D

DCA farm

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 22, 2018
Messages
595
Reaction score
40
Location
beauregard Parish Louisiana
ALACOWMAN said:
No offense to you and yours... what you have there is worthless, as tits on a boar hog..

Hey I agree but she’s tends to the place and livestock while I’m gone 2 weeks out of every month working so I gotta give alittle
 

CG1

Well-known member
Joined
May 29, 2019
Messages
788
Reaction score
11
DCA farm said:
ALACOWMAN said:
No offense to you and yours... what you have there is worthless, as tits on a boar hog..

Hey I agree but she’s tends to the place and livestock while I’m gone 2 weeks out of every month working so I gotta give alittle

And I think you mentioned she does it with Littles ones by her side? She sounds like a good woman. And you’re a smart man for giving her what she wants
 
OP
D

DCA farm

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 22, 2018
Messages
595
Reaction score
40
Location
beauregard Parish Louisiana
cowgal604 said:
DCA farm said:
ALACOWMAN said:
No offense to you and yours... what you have there is worthless, as tits on a boar hog..

Hey I agree but she’s tends to the place and livestock while I’m gone 2 weeks out of every month working so I gotta give alittle

And I think you mentioned she does it with Littles ones by her side? She sounds like a good woman. And you’re a smart man for giving her what she wants

Yes a 6 year old 3 year old and a 5 month old
 

ALACOWMAN

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 8, 2005
Messages
16,916
Reaction score
29
Location
Alabama the Beautiful
DCA farm said:
ALACOWMAN said:
No offense to you and yours... what you have there is worthless, as tits on a boar hog..

Hey I agree but she’s tends to the place and livestock while I’m gone 2 weeks out of every month working so I gotta give alittle
well if she's taking care of it..the situation should resolve itself.. ;-)
 

snoopdog

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 25, 2017
Messages
1,766
Reaction score
84
Location
ne oklahoma
Ha! If she's watchin the place with 3 little ones by her side, let her have the pony. Matter of fact, I have another one she might be interested in! Just trying to help, ya know matching team and all.
 

farmerjan

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 1, 2016
Messages
3,855
Reaction score
985
Location
Shenandoah ValleyVirginia
Hopefully, she will have the patience to work with it quietly, and it will tame down. It looks like a little stud? Get it gelded ASAP for the safety of the kids if nothing else. Might make it hate being handled all over again for a little bit, but it will be safer. They are cute, but not being handled is going to be a challenge. Best of luck to her, hope it works out real well.
 

S&J

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 13, 2006
Messages
64
Reaction score
1
Location
S. GA
My kids were given a miniature gelding some years ago. I made a surrey and took the horse to a trainer. He turned out to be a great little guy, and my four kids had loads of fun; We even took him to the county fair and gave rides. He would do anything for a small carrot.
 

greybeard

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 5, 2012
Messages
20,732
Reaction score
1,744
Location
Cleveland Tx
My dad gave my kids a shetland pony one year.. long ago.
Took a couple of decades but I finally forgave him for it.
 

Latest posts

Top