Wierd weather this week

Help Support CattleToday:

Nesikep

Reaction score
Had quite a "weather event" here on tuesday, I was driving back from the Armstrong fair and rodeo, and the sky went black when I was in Kamloops (2 hours from home), when I was about a hour from home, it started raining, but apparently I had missed the worst of it (good thing for the salt bags on the flatdeck), because there were landslides and rivers of debris coming down the hills and across the road, I was just able to make it and must have been one of the last people able to get by it, it was quite impressive... then I stopped in town before I went home, and on my way home there was more of the same, then the road was blocked by hydro crews that were fixing a downed power line... that spot got about 3 inches of hail about 1" around and the fir trees had lost a lot of needles.. fortunately there was a bit of a backroad I could get around the roadblock on... I got home, unloaded my bike, and went back and talked to a neighbour, his 3rd cut of hay got pretty beat down from the hail, and further up the creek there were about 20 mudslides that came down and trapped some people up there, I set out on the bike to see if I could cross them, but before I got to the first one I met up with the people walking down so all was well.. 2 days later the road was opened up again... It seemed to be a really localized storm that cut a swath about a mile wide as it went through.

Here is a video of the action
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s200 ... 738d96.mp4