Wide Open Country Pictures

Help Support CattleToday:

Oldtimer

Reaction score
Saturday/Sunday- I moved some cows to the Community Pasture- where I have grazing rights with a neighbor because of some deeded land I own in the middle of the State/Blm land...Because of the thunderstorms that moved in for the next couple days- and all the lightning I wasn't sure everything was paired right so went up to check today...

One of the Anderson Charolais bulls my neighbor owns- probably the reason all my late calvers had white calves :shock:
July30th-CommunityPasture031.jpg

But in this pasture its a Dukes mixture of bull breeds- a Nelson Brothers raised Simmi X bull....
July30th-CommunityPasture032.jpg

Waterhole in the middle of the pasture...Water looking good- as sometimes this one is dry by this time of year...Still haven't found any of my cows....
July30th-CommunityPasture033.jpg

Did find this one I need to tell Cal isn't coming in this fall...Looks like a young cow- and was on top of the hill-so with all the lightning we've had- I'd guess thats what got it- but I couldn't even check the hooves as 2 were missing...
July30th-CommunityPasture035.jpg

One of the spring fed water holes on the deeded land down on Cherry Creek...You can travel about 10 miles north- without finding anything but a couple of fences- and more cows and antelope...Our north place is about the next set of buildings....
July30th-CommunityPasture036.jpg

Looking down Cherry Creek- which is another 5 miles to any buildings...
July30th-CommunityPasture041.jpg

I finally started finding some of my black cows....Anything black in the pasture is mine or strays- as my poor old cows have to lower themselves for a couple of months to cohabit with reds and whites ;-)
July30th-CommunityPasture037.jpg

As far as I could tell everything got mothered OK- and they seem quite content...
July30th-CommunityPasture038.jpg

Thanks for sharing the pictures always enjoyable seeing other types of operations. Were y7ou checking the cows on horseback or motorized? Just curious.

Beautiful photos--wish I could be out there with you.
with that bull as a sire I don't think I'd fuss too much about a few white calves.

Latest posts