Wich is best for me????

Help Support CattleToday:

If you want to keep costs down and have decent fence post type trees (Bodark is what I use here) then cut your own fence posts instead of using trees. However, you have to dig or drill post holes. Alot more work, but can be cheaper. There are many problems with using trees as previously mentioned.

I have some big pine trees to take down, some of which look like they had wire attached decades ago. You can see an indented ring around them. Anyway, this reminded me of the old practice of spiking trees, by environmentalists, etc, and so I just looked it up.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tree_spiking

It is comforting (kind of) to know there has only been one injury from tree spiking. At the very least, I'm possiby going to have a messed up chain on the saw, unless I cut up high, or right at ground level.

Anyway, you might want to think a few years down the road. And if you attach using staples, it would only take a year or two for the tree to grow around them, so making changes or repairs will be harder.

Spiking was more of a danger to the mill workers and their equipment then the logger. But it will sure eat a chain in a heartbeat

Latest posts