Why?

Help Support CattleToday:

farmerjan

Reaction score
I don't understand why the "every little bit helps" thread got locked. It was citing a totally legit cause, and the article stated the reference to Homeland security not allowing the Gov't to accept any gifts etc unless they approved. So Why Not build it on private property all across the southern boarder.... Most of the people would gladly allow it if it meant keeping their farms/ranches/homeland safer. I don't see where that comment was political, or inciting anything? Maybe I am dumb... someone please explain it to me. I must be missing something.

That is an interesting thread. The GoFundMe idea is a good one. It follows the concept that if you believe a wall has merit, then you are willing to pay for it. I suggested this before. It could be included on the federal tax return. Just like donations for campaign finance. There could be a line to include donations to build a wall.

farmerjan":2b2no02l said:
I don't understand why the "every little bit helps" thread got locked. It was citing a totally legit cause, and the article stated the reference to Homeland security not allowing the Gov't to accept any gifts etc unless they approved. So Why Not build it on private property all across the southern boarder.... Most of the people would gladly allow it if it meant keeping their farms/ranches/homeland safer. I don't see where that comment was political, or inciting anything? Maybe I am dumb... someone please explain it to me. I must be missing something.
Unless something was deleted no one had posted a reply to it since 10am.

Yeah, Kenny, but it says locked. So that means no one can post right? Seriously, maybe I am just missing something or not getting it. And I haven't had anything to drink all day.... :drink: maybe time to start.... :bang: :?: :?:

kenny thomas":3ikd51d1 said:
farmerjan":3ikd51d1 said:
Unless something was deleted no one had posted a reply to it since 10am.
You sure don't see anyone that needs fencing out in your part of the country, I like it.

farmerjan":om921h2e said:
Yeah, Kenny, but it says locked. So that means no one can post right? Seriously, maybe I am just missing something or not getting it. And I haven't had anything to drink all day.... :drink: maybe time to start.... :bang: :?: :?:
The usual path to lockdom is that someone reports the post as 'offensive'

greybeard":3r4qoodb said:
farmerjan":3r4qoodb said:
Must have an illegal hiding behind a key board somewhere.

Never saw so much "locked" stuff before the new moderator came on. Saw several times that warnings were given, and sometimes I thought that a few members got a little "out there" but being newer, I didn't want to be a "baby" about things and tried to realize that some stuff is going to happen between different people and never did feel that much of it was "too much". I try to be decent and am not one much for "sniping" at others. But I really do enjoy some of the discussions and "hearing" others opinions. The thing is, between the "border" situation, illegals, and the tarriffs, we as farmers are VERY affected by all these. And even though it touches on "POLITICAL" it is part and parcel of what may make and break us in this country as farmers and ranchers and food producers. We need to be able to discuss more than just what we use for pneumonia or scours, what bull we are using, what the weather is doing. I never want to lose the sharing of info to make our day to day farming enterprises maybe a little easier. But we need to be able to discuss the world issues that are affecting us more and more in this country.

Bright Raven":v4zy412e said:
That is an interesting thread. The GoFundMe idea is a good one. It follows the concept that if you believe a wall has merit, then you are willing to pay for it. I suggested this before. It could be included on the federal tax return. Just like donations for campaign finance. There could be a line to include donations to build a wall.
Donations deducted from tax revenue?

ga.prime":3ruuz21f said:
Bright Raven":3ruuz21f said:

In addition to tax revenue. That way it is not a burden on the budget deficit or national debt.

Bright Raven":qywkotl3 said:
ga.prime":qywkotl3 said:
Bright Raven":qywkotl3 said:

In addition to tax revenue. That way it is not a burden on the budget deficit or national debt.
That's not how the campaign fund checkoff works.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/President ... d_checkoff

True Grit Farms":18gbhvu7 said:
greybeard":18gbhvu7 said:
farmerjan":18gbhvu7 said:
Or one of their ardent supporters..

greybeard":2xe1bcjn said:
True Grit Farms":2xe1bcjn said:
greybeard":2xe1bcjn said:
Or one of their ardent supporters..
I can't see anyone on CT supporting criminals. Even though some members don't know the definition of a dreamer.

The Moderators serve the Owner/Administrator of the forum. Thus, one can assume that they are moderating the forum in accordance with the Owner/Administrator's instructions. Speaking ONLY for myself, I would not openly address how the forum is Moderated on the board for the simple reason that it would not serve any purpose. It simply looks too much like whining. If I didn't like the "joint", I would simply do something that I do like.

They do a decent job. I doubt they are paid much over a 100 Grand a year. Lol

The current mod has a very clear, direct manner of communicating (like another feller around CT). I appreciate that. In many instances, I have found him/her to be more patient than dun (rest his soul) had been; with respect to borderline conversation/topics.

Okay, I was not whining. I just wanted to try to understand so that I did not post something that was considered offensive, since I could not see what had been offensive in that thread. I thought it had merit because of how so much of this with the tarriffs are affecting us. I won't bring it up again.