Why would.....

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus":3n5xl9e2 said:
a pure blooded registered angus have white on it?

It just happens I suppose. I have a couple of registered brangus ladies that have a small amount of white on the udder.

Early pictures of angus showed white on the belly on some of them.
I guess they wanted to beat obama to the part black part white thing.

Dr Ritchie used to have pic of a ~1900 Registered Angus show winner (before the rule change making a white spot forward of the navel forbidden) that had a big white spot on the chest. While a spot COULD indicate funny business 2 or 3 generations back, it is also possible that the tendency to spot goes all the way back to the formation of the breed. That they actually had to sit down and make a white spot rule almost a 100 years ago indicates that the white spot phenomenon has always been a minor Angus issue. It is really up to you to choose what you want to believe about your particular Angus with the white spot.

Thanks, I bought a calf a year or so ago that had a little white spot on its neck. I thought maybe it was bleached out from an injection but the spot has persisted and grown into a half moon looking thing on its neck about a foot long and 2 inches wide. Pretty cool looking in my opinion. Just wondered cause I thought black was a dominate trait and overshadow any white. Its a little odd so I was just wondering. Thanks for the explanations.

Jogeephus":cy1ienez said:
Thanks, I bought a calf a year or so ago that had a little white spot on its neck. I thought maybe it was bleached out from an injection but the spot has persisted and grown into a half moon looking thing on its neck about a foot long and 2 inches wide. Pretty cool looking in my opinion. Just wondered cause I thought black was a dominate trait and overshadow any white. Its a little odd so I was just wondering. Thanks for the explanations.

It should not have been registered with the AAA if it has a spot of white skin on it's neck. White hair is ok; but any white skin in front of the navel or above the belly line makes the animal ineligible for registration.

Jogeephus":3j52ubyy said:

Jogee.....check that cow out closely. It might be a "mostly black" holstein.... :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: Does it have a big udder and give lots of milk??? :cowboy:

TexasBred":2n2f9ift said:
Jogeephus":2n2f9ift said:

Jogee.....check that cow out closely. It might be a "mostly black" holstein.... :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: Does it have a big udder and give lots of milk??? :cowboy:
HERE WE GO !!!!! :banana:

Latest posts