Why some people move

Help Support CattleToday:

hurleyjd":1erob9su said:
Curiosity the need to expand their experiences. Change of scenery.

I'm sure you are correct, and it all boils down to different personalities, as does most everything. Personally, I have no curiosity of other places, no need to expand, and no desire to change scenery.

herofan":2h7t7sl0 said:
D2Cat":2h7t7sl0 said:
Dave":2h7t7sl0 said:
I wonder why some people don't move. I have a friend who was on a ag leadership tour. One of their stops was at a rather infamous getto area. He asked one of the people there why they didn't move out. The answer was that this area was home. It is a big beautiful world out there with lots of opportunity and challenges.

And some folks place floods to the soffit two or three times, and they're determined to rebuild. Seems hard to understand.

I've wondered about that myself; however, I probably have the same mindset. I'd just feel like a fish out of water to go to an unfamiliar place to live.

I also live in an area where cost of living is low, and crime is low. I'd be afraid I couldn't find as peaceful a place somewhere else. It reminds
me of the thread where someone asked if people carried a gun while mowing the lawn. We certainly don't have to here.

Sure glad I my gun while I was mowing.

Fear of the unknown, afraid to take a risk, familiarity (even tho their lives may suck economically) versus somewhere they don't fit right into all play a role in "why don't they move?"
And, close proximity to other family members.

I've always been of the "When the road forks--take it!" type, and usually, the fork less traveled.
ain't skeered..

True Grit Farms":18ftm42z said:
herofan":18ftm42z said:
D2Cat":18ftm42z said:
And some folks place floods to the soffit two or three times, and they're determined to rebuild. Seems hard to understand.

I've wondered about that myself; however, I probably have the same mindset. I'd just feel like a fish out of water to go to an unfamiliar place to live.

I also live in an area where cost of living is low, and crime is low. I'd be afraid I couldn't find as peaceful a place somewhere else. It reminds
me of the thread where someone asked if people carried a gun while mowing the lawn. We certainly don't have to here.

I can see where it came in handy. Luckily there are none of those here.

greybeard":3pbc8vez said:
Fear of the unknown, afraid to take a risk, familiarity (even tho their lives may suck economically) versus somewhere they don't fit right into all play a role in "why don't they move?"
And, close proximity to other family members.

I've always been of the "When the road forks--take it!" type, and usually, the fork less traveled.
ain't skeered..

Same reason Joe can sit on the assembly line putting on the left front and rear tire for thirty years.

slick4591":2s2ia53p said:
I'll just leave this right here. :lol:

[youtube]https://youtu.be/QrH_cPby2Ug[/youtube]

Where I come from there'd be a a goat on the grill, coor's, a roping dummy and a live band

Cross-7":2d1sdyx7 said:
slick4591":2d1sdyx7 said:

Where I come from there'd be a a goat on the grill, coor's, a roping dummy and a live band

There would most definitely be goat on the pit with that bunch of Hick-spanics of mine. At times I know how Crockett felt wondering where all them Mexicans came from.

Caustic Burno":1sxi7egj said:
Cross-7":1sxi7egj said:
slick4591":1sxi7egj said:

There would most definitely be goat on the pit with that bunch of Hick-spanics of mine. At times I know how Crockett felt wondering where all them Mexicans came from.

Hick-spanics is exactly the term. The guys back home couldn't find Mexico if they wanted to. They are Texans and hate welfare trash as much a any gringo. They are American and have been for generations

True Grit Farms":1iho9tdz said:
herofan":1iho9tdz said:
D2Cat":1iho9tdz said:

Rancher friend of mine was living on a place where he killed 15 rattlers one summer. One day he came home and his wife said we are moving. Seems a snake struck at the daughters bike as she rode down the driveway, hitting the petal. A new ranch was found and the snake filled one was sold.

There is a kid that just graduated with my daughter that's hick-Spanic.
I've watched him grow up. Him and his two older brothers were raised by their grandmother.
She's illegal, been the cook on a big ranch back home. The two older brothers work on the ranch. He graduated in the top 5 of his class. He drives an old ford 7.3 dually he bought with his own money. He's a pretty good saddle bronc rider but I doubt anyone will ever know how good cause he'll be working on the ranch. They got a small place of their own, a few cows but mostly their own horses. As good a hard working people as I know.
But that's off the subject

I was sitting on the stoop reading last night and wished I was packing. Had a coon come up and start up the steps before he saw me and ran.

Latest posts