Why not to feed GMO to cattle

Help Support CattleToday:

Son of Butch":2gne0t80 said:
Highpoint":2gne0t80 said:
Son of Butch":2gne0t80 said:
Your link to Merck shows Candidiasis is related to overuse of antibiotics and is preventable and treatable using
Copper Sulfate in the drinking water. But it shows no such connection of a fungus caused by GMO crops or to
glyphosate as you claim. How did you make the leap to that conclusion?
Were you misled to it by another or are you being a false prophet?

IF glyphosate is so deadly...
Why are 35 weeds that it was intended to kill now either glyphosate resistant or tolerant?
Since there is no documented connection of glyphosate to animal health.... IF it ever were to do anything...
Wouldn't feeding a glyphosate tolerant plant (corn) actually be more likely to create immunity rather than causation?

Dr Huber is now retired. It's been 14 years from his discovery and his predictions have not come to pass.
Wouldn't that prove him to be a false prophet?

Dr Huber.... now gives training to farmers and ranchers across the USA and in other countries.
Dr Huber (retired) now collects a government pension from Purdue University and speaking fees
(which he keeps for himself) regarding his research which he conducted on Purdue's dime.

I gave one link.... which apparently you did not bother to watch.
I did watch it. It got me thinking, so I also did some fact checking.

Dr Kevin Folta chairman and professor of Horticulture Science, University of Florida 2012 - present
I found in 2013 Dr Folta offered to genomic sequence Dr Huber's discovered fungus, at no cost to him
for further scientific research, if Dr Huber would just provide a sample of it.
Dr Huber refused the offer and has never provided any samples for genomic study.

I also fact checked Dr Folta and found that Huberites (cult followers of Dr Huber) claim Dr Folta is not to be trusted
because not only did Monsanto donate money to the University of Florida (like Monsanto never donated to Purdue)
but that one time Dr Folta himself received a $25,000 grant from Monsanto to genomic sequence small fruit crops.
Oh the Horror!

Based on my fact checking I found Dr Folta to be the more credible of the two.
But don't take my word for it. Do your own fact checking before allowing anyone to lead you by the nose
and swallowing what they say hook, line and sinker.

There are many research tests.... that show GMO crops.... have been causing asthma in athletes.
Documentation please.

Because I thought the research showed 60% of all Americans die every year from 2nd hand smoke.
:)

glyphosate is a potent antibiotic....
Every time your animal eats GMO crops they are getting high amounts of this antibiotic...

Then why won't it kill the ragweed, water hemp and palmer pigweed in my fields?

in my opinion...
I would watch for grain bins to start losing crops since they are now allowing higher uses of glyphosate on crops.

I put up 2 grain bins in 1976 the same year Round Up was released.
They have held gmo corn and soybeans most of their lives.
Other than normal maintenance and resealing the bases they're fine and neither leak or have surface rust.
8)

in a few years....
your cows won't produce and in fact mastitis is connected with the fungus brought on by over use of antibiotics.

More fear mongering?
E. coli mastitis is caused by E.coliform bacteria and is the most common at over 70% of mastitis cases.
2nd most common is Staph Aureus mastitis at 12% and is caused by staphlococcus aureus bacteria.
Other forms of mastitis are caused by other coliform bacteria ie Kelbsiella and Enterobactro
leaving less than 6% of all mastitis cases as having any possible fungus connection.
Staph Aureus is by far the most difficult mastitis to eliminate or 'cure.'

You know we may need to agree to disagree in order not to upset a few. Here goes and may take a few posts.

Notice the type of bacteria ecoli used to create GMO crops take a strong antibiotic to work in the soil to raise the plant and I said this over use of antibiotics is what leads to candidiasis. Link.here. http://www.whiteoutpress.com/articles/q ... -bacteria/. I could give more if you wish and what it does in humans too.

Link to athletes research - please remember what I said about inflammation because GMO is fake food and body sees it as something to attack. https://www.allergicliving.com/2014/06/ ... lammation/

Let me see not sure about your ragweed as antibiotics do not tough it but organic growers are using more zinc on weeds. I mow them so grass can get ahead and this year the soil amendment I am using has zinc.

Second hand smoke is a joke as people with high vitamin d levels could out live most and especially stay off of GMO food since they cause high enough inflammation to cause asthma. They also need to smoke organic.

Grain bins and fungus will be a major issue if something doesn't change.

You know before LinkedIn changed I loved to exchange views with a person who understood the other side and gave me heck which I liked because I knew what research to look for. You will want to stay with me on this because some of the research I am finding is even blowing my socks off. Think about a product that tests 136,000 connectivity and then the principal we are all batteries.

Allenw":3g52d8mw said:
The blinking government goats are eating my RR alfalfa how long before it will kill the pests off?

I sprayed round up after I drilled my wheat before it came up will it head this spring?
I sure do not follow a word you have said and really not sure this is even a question. However I used to think LOL meant lots of luck.

Highpoint":227yx8s2 said:
Allenw":227yx8s2 said:
The blinking government goats are eating my RR alfalfa how long before it will kill the pests off?

I sprayed round up after I drilled my wheat before it came up will it head this spring?
I sure do not follow a word you have said and really not sure this is even a question. However I used to think LOL meant lots of luck.

Ok I think I figured it out. The goat question - two to three generations and the government will probably do what everyone else sale and buy more.

On the wheat I need to first ask you if you have heard of gutton intolerant starting 15 years ago which took doctors a few years to give a name.

A friend of mine who used to have honey bees said he got out of it because the farm next to him would spray their corn and soybean crops every year and it would kill his bees....after a few times of replacing them he decided to quit.
Most peoples greatest exposure to glysophate is not from it being put on the weeds......it is from it being used on wheat, barley, rye and oats when they start to mature...to make them dry down quickly and evenly.
It is believed that the gluten intolerance that some people seem to have is really not the gluten but the glysophate.
One thing we have to remember is .....is that we are all dollar signs to all these companies out there.

Banjo":g9nmb00q said:
A friend of mine who used to have honey bees said he got out of it because the farm next to him would spray their corn and soybean crops every year and it would kill his bees....after a few times of replacing them he decided to quit.
Most peoples greatest exposure to glysophate is not from it being put on the weeds......it is from it being used on wheat, barley, rye and oats when they start to mature...to make them dry down quickly and evenly.
It is believed that the gluten intolerance that some people seem to have is really not the gluten but the glysophate.
One thing we have to remember is .....is that we are all dollar signs to all these companies out there.
Another hoax. Very few of those crops are sprayed with it. Extremely small percentage of them.

I am not smart enough to know if the GMO crops are good or bad. I do know that the family I work for is very good at making money and we planted several hundred acres of non-gmo corn this spring. The yields were excellent this year and I combined some 230 bu/ac non-gmo corn. I was talking to the son in charge of the farming and he is ready to start a feed mixing mill where we can grind and bag non-gmo feed. he said the market is really high and there is a ton of demand. I'm not saying gmo crops are bad, but there is some money to be made with non-gmo for sure.

ohiosteve":517gxxz1 said:
I am not smart enough to know if the GMO crops are good or bad. I do know that the family I work for is very good at making money and we planted several hundred acres of non-gmo corn this spring. The yields were excellent this year and I combined some 230 bu/ac non-gmo corn. I was talking to the son in charge of the farming and he is ready to start a feed mixing mill where we can grind and bag non-gmo feed. he said the market is really high and there is a ton of demand. I'm not saying gmo crops are bad, but there is some money to be made with non-gmo for sure.
There's a good premium on it because of all the nongmo "the sky is falling chicken littles". Might as well take their money since they want to pay so much for it.

ohiosteve":1lg7eb9m said:
Much like "organic". label it as something better, triple the price and laugh all the way to the bank and old Joe goes home thinking he's now gonna live to 150.

jedstivers":3cvmmdx4 said:
Banjo":3cvmmdx4 said:
Another hoax. Very few of those crops are sprayed with it. Extremely small percentage of them.
And besides, glyphosate doesn't stay glyphosate. It turns into Nitrogen and Hydrogen and Oxygen and things like that soon after coming into contact with anything.

I read something just the other day that said that ADM invested in a non gmo soy processing facility and Cargill is starting to use non gmo ingredients to some degree.
I realize that Roundup has made life good(not necessarily prosperous) for corn and soybean growers for the last several years.
IMO, the gmo grain days are numbered....may not be next year or in 5 years but eventually the market will just dry up IMO. Public perception ....whether you agree or not....will bring it down.

If I were heavily dependent on gmo corn and beans I would be looking for an alternative now. at least there is a market for it now...though not real good...at least you can sell it. what happens when you got a bin full of corn and nobody wants to buy it? Think it won't happen? Look at what happened with antibiotics in the feed.

Corn can still be grown using a plow and disk. You just can't do it every year....year in and year out without serious consequences. Two years in corn or beans then two years in grass. Just my 2 cents.

imo

Latest posts