why not buy citrus pellets

Help Support CattleToday:

We can buy good 14% feed here for $230. a ton delivered.

wish we could do that here..well I guess you can but only in 20 ton quantity...if you want less its bags retail.
im the middle man..i tell people if ya need more than this then 50 50 what youre feeding now to stretch it out

ram":64lg5czs said:
We can buy good 14% feed here for $230. a ton delivered.
50 bucks says that "good feed" doesn't have a TDN over 50-55% compared to the 79% for the citrus pellets. That means almost half your $200 is going right through them without hardly slowing down. Probably 17% fiber or more and full of filler.

dieselbeef":pfndna51 said:
we aint makin it dude..its waste...byproduct..we just make it into cattle feed so we dont hafta bury it....plus it makes a little extra jack on the side.

i guess the protien comes from the molasses. i really dont know if there is any in the peel or not as it is dried and then rehydrated to make into pellet form.

geez man i aint no chemist ova here.....
The protein is low but is as high as corn. Citrus pellets are second only to corn in the density of nutrients so works well in cattle rations especially dairy. Definitely not a hay replacer but has about double the energy of grass hay. I'd feed it in a heartbeat in conjunction with hay just for the energy and digestibility.

it is 75% tdn. usf studies. it is rated only second to corn. and you will see it a lot as a base for a lot of feed. mostly it goes overseas but it gets used a lot in dairy feeds. alot of the bulk in feed is this or the finer sweepings of it. it also holds very well and will keep for a long time as long as it stays dry. unlike corn which will mod up real fast here in fl. one of the reasons I haven't moved into that market.
right now I sell it in large enough quantitys for people to not have the expense of bag feeds yet cant take semi loads for a few cows

Latest posts