Why is this forum site so slow on my iphone?

Help Support CattleToday:

Kingfisher678

Reaction score
It's been like this for months now.......seems like it started when things changed here with the format and advertising. Any way to speed things up so to say? It just makes it a horrible experience.

I don't know why it's slow. My issue In the last few weeks is large gaps of white space showing up on my phone and desktop on the menu and in threads. I've attached an example. Any idea what this is?

Attachments

• F9C664F6-7F48-4D28-8814-E15F27BCD37B.png
    F9C664F6-7F48-4D28-8814-E15F27BCD37B.png
    294.5 KB · Views: 7
No problem with mine.
Sounds more like a phone issue.
Naw Its been sorry for a year now on this site only. I'm not sure what the deal is but I suppose it has to do with all the ads here now and my older Iphone........so yea It's a " phone problem" enabled by whatever this site gobbles up so to say.

You heading toward Central Texas to hunt this fall?

Naw Its been sorry for a year now on this site only. I'm not sure what the deal is but I suppose it has to do with all the ads here now and my older Iphone........so yea It's a " phone problem" enabled by whatever this site gobbles up so to say.

You heading toward Central Texas to hunt this fall?

Do you have the ads turned off? https://www.cattletoday.com/account/preferences

Go to that link and then down about 1/3 of the page until you get to this.

1624586030324.png

Remember to save. Now all those google ads will be gone IF YOU ARE LOGGED IN. This works on the phones, tablets, desktops and laptops.

Especially if you are on the phone, click on that link above and set the ads to turn off, and save. That will make the forum go faster for you.

It's been like this for months now.......seems like it started when things changed here with the format and advertising. Any way to speed things up so to say? It just makes it a horrible experience.

What iPhone are you on? What version? And are you using a browser on the phone such as Chrome, or Firefox? I bet we can get this fixed for you and make it better.

Last edited:
What phone are you on? Do you just use a phone? Tell me how you access the site. I bet we can get this fixed for you and make it better.
I have the same problem using a laptop. Seems to be on posts with a lot of pictures. They seem to start loading and then just stop with a lot of white space as described above. Been having that issue for a couple weeks at least. Only on some posts. Not limited to phone access. Ads are turned off.

@simme that helps, and I can show that information to the server/tech guy

Also, if you have forum operational issues, PLEASE put them in the Announcement and Support forum at the top of the forum. I find them there faster. I thought this was where you were discussing the cattle sales while sipping coffee before going out to feed the cattle in the evenings.

I really think there are too many posts allowed in one post. Due to the photo contest and maybe some others we have it at 30 images per post.
I think it should be only 10. There can be subsequent posts with 10 in each post. Could you guys live with that at least 80 percent of the time?

Latest posts