Why is it?

Help Support CattleToday:

Farmhand

Reaction score
Why is it?

When it's my idea - it's a bad one and ain't happenin' - no way, no how?

Two days later - IT is his idea - and a good one and gets done right away?

Oh well.............

Farmhand":31k0hmdh said:
Why is it?

Oh well.............

That's why you are the "farmhand", guess he is the "farmer"..... ;-) :cboy:

And then when you try to remind them that you mentioned it a few days ago, they don't recall the conversation? Must be bred into 'em!

I've decided that I don't care if he thinks it is HIS idea, as ong as it gets done :cry:

I think it is their idea to let me think it is my idea - but I have them fooled. I let them think it was my idea to have a good idea. In fact their ideas are only because of my ideas and my ideas come from living ideally.

Here is my re-post of how it works for me .......

After 26 years of wedded bliss - they wait on me hand and foot - I kid you not.

No matter what time I get up - wife irons me a fresh shirt and pants, makes me breakfast and packs me a lunch, buys my smokes for me - yeah, I have that habit - only person in the house - she makes sure the truck is gassed up and even starts it for me when the weather is cold. That's just in the morning.

Get home and the kids have supper on for me, with a fresh cup of tea waiting, mail stacked and sorted. Mom and I sit at the table after supper and shoot the breeze while kids clean up and go do their home work.

Wife drives the youngest to figure skating and oldest drives herself to play hockey - they do not want to bother me after a long day.

Chores are always done by the time I get home and all I have to do is park the truck, walk in, clean up and eat. Through the week I usually only do one or two inspections of the yard and cattle areas.

At around 2000 hours if we are all home, the kids fix me and mom a drink so we can hash over the next days work.

Kids are running straight A's and both are looking at sports scholarships. They are pretty good hands around cattle and know a bit about ropin' and shootin'. They are braeking a couple of horses and I figure they will have them trail ready within the next month or so.

Once in a while I have to raise my voice, but that is just to be heard over the noise when some boy comes sniffing around in his fancy car with a boom box running at about half volume. I usually fix that by telling them I'll put a bullet hole in the speakers if it ever happens again. Funny how that tends to scare them off. Only the farm boys seem to keep coming back - can't complain about that too much.

The last guy who came from the city had a nose ring, several ear rings and something stuck to his tongue. Told him I could pull it with some pliers if he held still long enough - he didn't have much to say - oldest girl ran him off anyways. He didn't like guns and oldest girl was in process of shooting something when he showed up last time - I think he was here for almost 2 minutes.

It was my wifes idea to go back to work, but her idea came from my idea that the banks idea was a lousy idea and their idea was to take our idea that we had to expand - then BSE ruined my idea but the banks had an idea that my idea that my wife supported with her own ideas was truly a bad idea.

In the end my strategy seems to work. It is a good idea to let the women folk think it is their idea. That way all good ideas are there for the taking.

Honey! Would you like a drink? Great, while you are at it could you get me one too please? Thanks, oh love of my life!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You ladies have a great day - and remember - your ideas are always great - and I for one always appreciate a great idea.

8)

Bez

I see that at work! Suggest something, they say it won't work. Then a few days later, they say this fellow thought of a good idea. I always get with the person on that deal.

Sooooo....in the science of physics there is a basic law that says for every action there is an opposite and equal reaction. If Bez's description of life is the action, then surely my life must be the reaction!

Lee

Farmhand":1l7v3qgb said:
Why is it?

Oh well.............

LOL! I can surely relate to that. Any particular idea you were speaking of Farmhand?

There isn't enough space here or time to tell you how often this happens but I'll give you the current one. Last week when we cleaned out the fat barn, I wanted to rebed with a big round bale of cornstalks. It is soooo much easier. He pushes it in with the skid steer, I help cut the twines, and then he uses the skid steer to unroll it. Well, he procedes to tell me no way because it's too much bedding for the building and a lot of it will be wasted and tried to mumble a few more things I didn't catch so it would sound like a lousy idea. OK - I bought it and proceeded to help throw down small square bales of cornstalks and break them around the barn. A little more work involved. Now this week (yeah- I know that's more than 2 days but you get my point) we clean out the same fat barn and the next thing I know he's pushing in a big round bale of cornstalks! When I mention all this to him, he just grins and says it is too much but keeps on going. These are the kind of things I can usually say oh well to but there have been others that make me blow my stack. I try to pick my fights. :D

Hahaha. That sounds like a typical sceneario at our house. :lol:

Kind of the same idea is that I'll mention to do something, like close a certain gate when putting them in the pen & my husband will say, "Don't worry about it, they won't go that way". Of course they will go that way & it'll be MY fault for not closing the gate. :shock: :lol:

Yeah, that sounds familular. And if it's his idea to start with and then it doesn't work then it magically becomes my idea. Then it is my fault that it didn't turn out right. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Perhapse we can find some sort of "Farm Boss" class we can send these men to in hopes of teaching them to try to get along and understand us. While they are gone for their one week class the instructor will send us a good looking farm hand to do some of those odd jobs around the farm that the "boss man" has'nt had time for, or doesn't feel is important enough to devote his time to.

The Man's Prayer (from The Red Green Show)

I'm a man,
But I can change,
If I have to,
I guess.

If I'm undecided on a course of action, and I actually ask my wife's opinion, then that's usually what I end up doing. At the point where you have the wife's opinion, the best you can do is a draw. If you do something different and it works, your good. If you do what she wants you to do and it works, that's usually okay, too. If you do something different and it doesn't work, you get to hear about it on every decision that needs to be made afterwards. If you do what she says and it doesn't work and you bring it up later, it leads to stoney silence and a lack of sex. Took me alot of years to learn that but its a lesson I know well.

dang, you womenfolk sure do a lotta complaining, :roll: and i gotta wonder what your husbands are saying about you. most stories got 2 sides. :lol:

Because I'm a man, when I lock my keys in the car I will fiddle with a
wire long after hypothermia, or heat stroke, has set in. AAA is not
an option. I will win.

Because I'm a man, when the car isn't running very well, I will pop
the hood and stare at the engine as if I know what I'm looking at. If
another man shows up, one of us will say to the other, "I used to be
able to fix these things, but now with all these computers and
everything, I wouldn't know where to start." We will then drink beer
and break wind as a form of friendship.

Because I'm a man, when I catch a cold, I need someone to bring me
soup and take care of me while I lie in bed and moan. You're a woman.
You never get as sick as I do, so for you this isn't a problem.

Because I'm a man, I can be relied upon to purchase basic groceries at
the store, like milk or bread. I cannot be expected to find exotic
items like "cumin" or "tofu." For all I know, these are the same
thing. And never, under any circumstances, expect me to pick up
anything for which "feminine hygiene product" is a euphemism. (F.Y.I.
guys cumin is a spice and not a bodily function)

Because I'm a man, when one of our appliances stops
working, I will insist on taking it apart, despite evidence that this
will just cost me twice as much, once the repair person gets here and
has to put it back together.

Because I'm a man, I must hold the television remote control in my
hand while I watch TV. If the thing has been misplaced, I may miss an
entire show looking for it (though one time I was able to survive by
holding a calculator)...applies to engineers mainly.

Because I'm a man, there is no need to ask me what I'm thinking about.
The answer is always either sex, cars or football. I have to make up
something else when you ask, so don't ask.

Because I'm a man, I do not want to visit your mother, or have your
mother come visit us, or talk to her when she calls, or think about
her any more than I have to. Whatever you got her for Mother's Day is
okay; I don't need to see it. And don't forget to pick up something for my mother too.

Because I'm a man, you don't have to ask me if I liked the movie.
Chances are, if you're crying at the end of it, I didn't....and if you
are feeling amorous afterwards...then I will certainly at least remember
the name and recommend it to others.

Because I'm a man, I think what you're wearing is fine. I thought what
you were wearing five minutes ago was fine, too. Either pair of shoes
is fine. With the belt or without it, looks fine. Your hair is fine.
You look fine. Can we just go now?

Because I'm a man, and this is, after all, the year 2005, I will share
equally in the housework. You just do the laundry, the cooking, the
cleaning, the vacuuming, shopping and the dishes, and I'll do the
rest... like looking for my socks, or like wandering around in the
garden with a beer wondering what to do.

This has been a public service message for Women to better understand
the Male.

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/cgi- ... es.woa/563[/url]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I understand so much more now, icandoit! Thanks!

Does anyone have a woman's counterpart to this?

Latest posts