Why is facebook down?

Help Support CattleToday:

Oh frabjuus day!!

FB is back up. People can get up from their fetal position now and pull their thumbs from their mouth and return them (or their heads) into the other orifice)

Wait just a doggone minute...FB and other social media has been down much of the day and the world DIDN'T end after all?

The word Facebook ticks me off!! These business that use it for free advertising tick me off. Or to put their menu or prices on. Forget that I just don't go if I can't see there website.
People act like I'm nuts for not having Facebook. Even the school. I'm like whatever yall all nuts and obsessed its the devil.
I post pretty much nothing on my facebook page except the odd funny, I do post in groups, I even admin a 70,000 member group, which is far worse than kindergarten sponsored by red bull energy drinks

Oh frabjuus day!!

FB is back up. People can get up from their fetal position now and pull their thumbs from their mouth and return them (or their heads) into the other orifice)

Wait just a doggone minute...FB and other social media has been down much of the day and the world DIDN'T end after all?

It ended you just wont know about it until Facebook makes it official. Lets face it, if its not on facebook did it really happen?

As I watched this, I couldn't help but think (in an ironic sort of way) that if one were to substitute Youtube every time FB is mentioned and it would still be just as true.

Last edited:
Lets face it, if its not on facebook did it really happen?
The 1997 movie "Wag The Dog" made the same point about television.
Great movie that was so funny, yet made a point that really made you wonder.
Made 4 years before 911 today it seems ahead of it's time, 2 thumbs up
Robert De Niro - Dustin Hoffman - Woody Harrelson - Willie Nelson - Merle Haggard

Last edited:
Entire world's going to go nuts without the social media bull crap. Nobody will know what their neighbors, fake friends, and fake people all doing on their fake social media status. With fake photoshot edit pictures people wanting other people to believe their life is perfect....🙄🤦🏽‍♀️ Look at Gabby as an examples she wasn't nothing like her videos on the body camera. So many people always put on these fake acts fake every just to get more social media.
Not only that it's creepy to me. 🤷🏽‍♀️
I photo shop my cows, they're all body score 8+.

There are guns and there are the people holding the gun. There is Facebook and people using FB. Nothing wrong with guns, problem is with people. You can make the same comparison with FB. Some use it for good and some just can't control themselves. Some are just crazy.

I watched some of the proceedings with the FB whistle blower night before last and it was just a bunch of "They put profits ahead of people" rhetoric with the goal of saving the children of course.

I don't see anything coming of it.

There are guns and there are the people holding the gun. There is Facebook and people using FB. Nothing wrong with guns, problem is with people. You can make the same comparison with FB. Some use it for good and some just can't control themselves. Some are just crazy.
Facebook is a product deliberately designed to promote addiction and manipulate some of the worst qualities in people. I'd compare it more to opioids. Both have a purpose and many people can use them without problems, but the potential for abuse is high. Facebook should be held responsible for knowingly causing harm to public health and withholding information from the public, just like Philip Morris and Perdue Pharma.

Facebook takes advantage of your desire for instant gratification. Your brain receives a dopamine hit every time you see that red notification light up. Dopamine is a chemical in your brain that causes you to seek pleasure from things.

Pleasure sounds nice in theory, but dopamine is responsible for self-destructive behavior if overproduced. Thus, becoming a slave to your notifications can destroy your self-control in a hurry.

If that wasn't bad enough, the human desire to be liked and accepted is at play, too. Every time you get a "Like," your brain decides that means somebody likes you. Keep this up and you'll turn into an addict desperate for another "hit."

I watched some of the proceedings with the FB whistle blower night before last and it was just a bunch of "They put profits ahead of people" rhetoric with the goal of saving the children of course.

I don't see anything coming of it.
Who's got more/better lawyers is what it'll come down to

The word Fakebook ticks me off. These schools, business, news, ect. Want to run off fakebook that's ridiculous to me. Ticks me off!! If I put my opinions, comments, throught, pictures, ect on fakebook cause I'm a real person no sugar coating toning me down I'm always the bad guy. 😝🙌🏾 People like fake book fantasy land. 🙄