Why I carry a gun....

Help Support CattleToday:

I got guns also, many of them, for many different uses..

Comparing a Knife with a gun is not the same, but good try...

I could add much more to this, it is a waste of my time, good luck ....

I am licenced to carry in 30 states. I carry when I travel for work and at home. I have had intruders in my home on more than one ocassion and have yet had to shoot any one, just the gun being there is cause for them to rethink the want to be there. :cboy:

Having a retail gun store for over 14 years I definitely believe in a persons right to arm and protect himself and his family or his property. Sure there are situations that we wonder if that person should have a weapon. Having carried a weapon on four different continents, I am armed most of the time. Am I scared- no but I am aware that bad things happen to good and bad people. It is interesting that we worry about weapons when we cannot wait to give our sixteen year old children a vehicle that is able to maime and kill as quickly and more often than a bullet.

SRBeef":2i0f1sjo said:
I am probably swimming upstream here and not likely to convince anyone of anything.

However, for the record, statistics have repeatedly shown that you are far more likely to be killed with your own gun than with the gun of a "stranger".

I have a lot of trouble understanding how folks feel so threatened (other than in special circumstances such as a stalking/court protection order etc) that they feel they need to carry a concealed weapon.

Hunting and varmit rifles carried in your truck are a totally different discussion. I am referring to pistols which are of almost no use other than shooting another human being. And yes, I have carried a USAF officer's 38.

For most folks carrying a concealed pistol increasses the odds you will be shot - and probably with your own weapon.

jmho. Jim

Jim, I don't know where you live sounds like a pretty nice place, but big time shelterede from the real world....

SRBeef":wodc98dw said:
However, for the record, statistics have repeatedly shown that you are far more likely to be killed with your own gun than with the gun of a "stranger".
The only ones I hear touting the "killed with your own gun than with the gun of a stranger" data are the same groups that yell about concealed carry will lead to a bloodbath in the streets. The bloodbath deal has been proven wrong everywhere that concealed carry is legalized

GUNS DO NOT KILL PEOPLE, PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE EASILY WITH GUNS...

It always amazes me that people do not seam to make that connection....Say what you will without guns, there would be a whole lot less dead people in the world....

alftn":tprrb2f0 said:

It always amazes me that people do not seam to make that connection....Say what you will without guns, there would be a whole lot less dead people in the world....
Without automobiles there would be even fewer dead people. A lot more people are killed by cutos and drunk drivers then by guns.

alftn":2kau452w said:
.........Say what you will without guns, there would be a whole lot less dead people in the world....

Regarding the gun debate, think about the following -
Do you think if the 6,000,000 Jews in Germany and Europe during the 40s which ended up dying in the gas chambers would have had access to guns that they would have fought or not fought about going to the gas chambers? I suspect they would have used the guns to protect themselves and their family and friends.

Guns like are like everything else, you can use them for good purposes or bad purposes.

I can tell you have none of my guns have ever jumped out of my safe and ran down the road and shot someone.

Box cutters and razor blades killed far to many unarmed people.
God bless them all. Never forget 9-11-01

alftn":814ka4dz said:

Would decapitation be your 1st choice if you had one?

alftn":1tpvmiur said:

If there were no guns people would find other means of killing, and there would be no way to defend ones self.
I would say that in Afghanistan and Iraq more people have been killed or maimed by bombs and IED'S than guns

Nowland Farms":zhqkn4j1 said:
Do you think if the 6,000,000 Jews in Germany and Europe during the 40s which ended up dying in the gas chambers would have had access to guns that they would have fought or not fought about going to the gas chambers? I suspect they would have used the guns to protect themselves and their family and friends.

How many people have came to this country just to get away from that same thing. This is not an old out dated law that needs to be changed. There are living people in this country now that have had to flee their homeland because they had no means of defending it, or their own lives.

alftn":lnr8sa4r said:

And there are people alive and walking around today because they did have a gun. That part of the equation is usually overlooked because of a lack of statistics and it doesn't make the news.

Add to that the people that were not killed because it was thought that they "might" have a gun.

This came in an email today. It pretty much sums it up for me

1. I don't carry a gun to kill people.
2. I carry a gun to keep from being killed.
3. I don't carry a gun to scare people.
4. I carry a gun because sometimes this world can be a scary place.
5. I don't carry a gun because I'm paranoid.
6. I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world.
7. I don't carry a gun because I'm evil.
8. I carry a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the world.
9. I don't carry a gun because I hate the government.
10. I carry a gun because I understand the limitations of government.
11. I don't carry a gun because I'm angry.
12. I carry a gun so that I don't have to spend the rest of my life hating myself for failing to be prepared.
13. I don't carry a gun because I want to shoot someone.
14. I carry a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed, and not on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.
15. I don't carry a gun because I am a cowboy.
16. I carry a gun because, when I die and go to heaven, I want to be a cowboy.
17. I don't carry a gun to make me feel like a man.
18. I carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.
19. I don't carry a gun because I feel inadequate.
20. I carry a gun because unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am inadequate.
21. I don't carry a gun because I love it.
22. I carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful to me.
23. Police protection is an oxymoron.
24. Free citizens must protect themselves.
25. Police do not protect you from crime, they usually just investigate the crime after it happens and then call someone in to clean up the mess.
26. Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin'

Latest posts