Why did CB's post "R word" get locked???????

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frankie":vjj5eimz said:
Jogeephus":vjj5eimz said:
Victoria":vjj5eimz said:
I agree. Most people haven't a clue the costs that come with regulations or how it affects their own pocket book. Most view these regulations as "picking on the big boy" but the big boy is just going to pass these costs on to you plus some for his aggrevation. Sad thing is, the little boy doesn't have pockets deep enough to overcome the regulations so there isn't a chance he can give the big boy a run for his money and keep him honest. Hence our predicament.

So please take time to tell me what new environmental regulations are to blame for oil/gasoline prices skyrocketing as they have during the last seven years? If anything, regulations have been loosened during the last seven years, yet prices still climb. This is going to be very interesting.
because the EPA has deemed alot of areas such as alaska off limits to drill in because of protected species of animales.as well as alot of the offshore drilling is prohibited.i think the real bottomline is we dont have enough refineries to keep up with the demand for gas.

They're simply charging more because they can.[/quote]

I think this pretty well sums it up.

You'd think that maybe whomever did the locking would step up to the plate and admit it and say what it was that he/she found offensive.

But, that's just me.............

I am sure there is not enough refineres in the US. But the question is why isn't there new one being built. The oil companys shipped all the oil from the Alaska pipe line to Japan to be refined. Then brought it back to the US as imported fuel. I am sure global demand is is way up, but alot of the gas the BP stations sell comes from a south american country that routinely threatens and blames the US. for ever thing BP buys gas there .10 cents a gallon. Shipping may be pretty high, but if they are buying for 10 cents and we are paying 3.00 dollars plus it no wonder oil companys are showing record profits.

Frankie":2fkirzfc said:
Jogeephus":2fkirzfc said:
Victoria":2fkirzfc said:
I agree. Most people haven't a clue the costs that come with regulations or how it affects their own pocket book. Most view these regulations as "picking on the big boy" but the big boy is just going to pass these costs on to you plus some for his aggrevation. Sad thing is, the little boy doesn't have pockets deep enough to overcome the regulations so there isn't a chance he can give the big boy a run for his money and keep him honest. Hence our predicament.

So please take time to tell me what new environmental regulations are to blame for oil/gasoline prices skyrocketing as they have during the last seven years? If anything, regulations have been loosened during the last seven years, yet prices still climb.

Frankie, the reason diesel is higher than gasoline is because the EPA mandated a new Sulpher level maximum. That went into effect about a year and a half ago.

And JD is right about the traders on wall street. You know, those folks that don't DO anything but manipulate your money.

Angus/Brangus":2o4khedk said:
bigbull338":2o4khedk said:
i think the real bottomline is we dont have enough refineries to keep up with the demand for gas.

I think you just hit the bullseye. Number of refineries dictate fuel production. Why won't they build more refineries? :)

Too expensive and not worth the hastle of trying to meet gov't regulations. To even enlarge an existing refinery places that refinery under the new govt regs. In short the govt. has killed all incentive to build or even enlarge existing refineries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts