Why Bama is so good.

Help Support CattleToday:

I think the contracts of most assistant coaches has a clause in it authorizing "x" number of those "A$$ chewings". Kiffin is a good coach but will probably be a better one today.

callmefence":19sqtfvz said:
Never ceases to amaze me how grown men will act over a ball.

'It's not so much the ball fence' is what i was going to originally post. It's the billions of dollars associated with it. But in reality, it's still people spending billions of dollars over a ball- whether it's advertising, tickets, salaries, etc. Yep, it all comes back to that ball!
Well said.

bball":3iw2up3g said:
callmefence":3iw2up3g said:

'It's not so much the ball fence' is what i was going to originally post. It's the billions of dollars associated with it. But in reality, it's still people spending billions of dollars over a ball- whether it's advertising, tickets, salaries, etc. Yep, it all comes back to that ball!
Well said.

It's called the entertainment industry and its huge business in this country.

I don't do movies or concerts. I do watch my fair share of sporting events.

TennesseeTuxedo":2yjvlz51 said:
bball":2yjvlz51 said:
callmefence":2yjvlz51 said:

Well said.

It's called the entertainment industry and its huge business in this country.

I don't do movies or concerts. I do watch my fair share of sporting events.
TT would you really turn down a chanced to watch the "Nutcracker" just to watch a ballgame?? :lol2: :lol2:

That was quite the verbal diarrhea temper tantrum. BSU used to have Coach Peterson, who's now at Washington. Maybe he was a real jerk behind closed door, but on the field he had a very positive attitude. Some with the hockey coach at the University of Maine when I was there. Both coaches took small, weak programs and built them into powerhouses. I think there's a lot more power in positive coaching than getting kids (or assistant coaches for that matter) to respond to fear.

Plus, if he's not careful he's going to blow an O-ring and turn those khakis a couple shades darker.

Bestoutwest":32gg6tk0 said:
That was quite the verbal diarrhea temper tantrum. BSU used to have Coach Peterson, who's now at Washington. Maybe he was a real jerk behind closed door, but on the field he had a very positive attitude. Some with the hockey coach at the University of Maine when I was there. Both coaches took small, weak programs and built them into powerhouses. I think there's a lot more power in positive coaching than getting kids (or assistant coaches for that matter) to respond to fear.

Plus, if he's not careful he's going to blow an O-ring and turn those khakis a couple shades darker.

So your implying that coach Satan should change his style and coaching technique? I think his record speaks for itself. That doesn't make much sense Bestoutwest.
For kids up to high-school maybe, for grown men no way.

True Grit Farms":pry902w8 said:
So your implying that coach Satan should change his style and coaching technique? I think his record speaks for itself. That doesn't make much sense Bestoutwest.

When I see a coach like that, that's going crazy over a fumble, I can't help but wonder how much better his team would be if they weren't controlled by fear. Think about training dogs-which training technique works better? Whipping one or praising one? You know that some of those boys aren't much smarter than dogs-they are from Alabama after all. All joking aside, BSU was a joke. Positive coach, HUGE gains on the field.

True Grit Farms":34cy8yx7 said:
Bestoutwest":34cy8yx7 said:

A high school kids might of took that. Imo a grown man wouldn't. Not for any amount of money. The assistant should have went right back in his face.

So now you think Bama could be even better if Satan changed his coaching style? Did you play any sports in school or were you part of the band?
I can still remember coach Carney yelling at me "cheap shot get out there and hit someone" The play isn't over till the whistle blows.

callmefence":3l462n1z said:
True Grit Farms":3l462n1z said:
Bestoutwest":3l462n1z said:

A high school kids might of took that. Imo a grown man wouldn't. Not for any amount of money. The assistant should have went right back in his face.

I feel the same way. But when you screw up you have to pay the price.

True Grit Farms":dqihqytd said:
So now you think Bama could be even better if Satan changed his coaching style? Did you play any sports in school or were you part of the band?
I can still remember coach Carney yelling at me "cheap shot get out there and hit someone" The play isn't over till the whistle blows.

That's neither here-nor-there, but for the record I played sports. Just because you're a coach, at any level, doesn't mean you have to be an a-hole.

This situation, and subsequent conversation, has brought forth some interesting thoughts:
1) It says a lot about a man when he treats other people this way.
2) It also says a lot about a man when he allows himself to be treated this way.
3) Finally, it says a lot about a man who supports said head coach for treating people over a game.

Bestoutwest":2z2o4011 said:
True Grit Farms":2z2o4011 said:

When I see a coach like that, that's going crazy over a fumble, I can't help but wonder how much better his team would be if they weren't controlled by fear. Think about training dogs-which training technique works better? Whipping one or praising one? You know that some of those boys aren't much smarter than dogs-they are from Alabama after all. All joking aside, BSU was a joke. Positive coach, HUGE gains on the field.
None of us heard a word he said. He may have been throwing a tantrum to us but what he was saying very well could have been very encouraging and positive. Kiffen is a grown man. HE'll get over it or he too can go down the road. Let your feelings trail very far behind you and someone will step on them. When confronted admit your mistake and learn from it. Those coaches and players are not brow beaten. They are pushed to excellence if at all possible and none do it the same way. Much better than the TCU coach defending his QB for making the throat slash and claiming it was a religious symbol. Now that was stupid of the coach and player. Guess he forgot to tell the referee before the game that he might do it and whta it was suppose to mean..........cost them the football game.

http://www.espn.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/ ... ane-kiffin

Latest posts