color photo of himself above his locker: "That's so when I forget how
to spell my name, I can still find my clothes."

Lou Duva, veteran boxing trainer, on the Spartan training regime of
heavyweight Andrew Golota: "He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock in
the morning regardless of what time it is."

Chuck Nevitt, North Carolina State basketball player, explaining to
Coach Jim Valvano why he appeared nervous at practice: "My sister's
expecting a baby, and I don't know if I'm going to be an uncle or an
aunt." (I wonder if his IQ ever hit room temperature in January)

Frank Layden, Utah Jazz president, on a former player: "I told him,
'Son, what is it with you? Is it ignorance or apathy?' He said, "Coach,
I don't know and I don't care."

Shelby Metcalf, basketball coach at Texas A&M, recounting what he told
a player who received four F's and one D: "Son, looks to me like you're
spending too much time on one subject."

Amarillo High School and Oiler coach Bum Phillips when asked by Bob
Costas why he takes his wife on all the road trips, Phillips responded:
"Because she is too ugly to kiss good-bye." (Dead man walkin' )

Could be the reason that we don't find many jocks in the science building...or on campus during the second semester.
Something to be said about the direction of our society when we reward adults to throw a sphere through a hoop and underpay the teachers who educate our children...Dave Mc

Susie David":25js3rt8 said:
Could be the reason that we don't find many jocks in the science building...or on campus during the second semester.

Gee, and I was on the varsity team thru university including vet school, and got MVP one year.....

As longs as you be's a buyin dose tenamashoes, wit my name on dem, I be's a happy man. I wants to be a row model, jus dont be rockin duh boat I cants swim.

This is why I quit watching Football, Basketball, and Baseball. They all get paid WAY too much for what I used to play for fun. I say fire them all and get some guys out there that just want to have fun playing.

Putting money in these guys hands is like putting a hand gernade in a childs hand and say now don't pull that pin while I am gone.

This and they have the audacity to ax for mo money.

Those were great!! But before we bash them too much, I would guess that a lot of them were jokes. I believe you could get quotes much like the ones above from pretty much any profession. It's fun to pick on athletes because of the stereotypes and the fact that they make a lot of money.

The few college/pro athletes that I have met have all been very nice and seemed just as smart if not smarter than the people I deal with on a day to day basis. Of course the athletes I've dealt with have all been hockey players, and I honestly believe they generally are quite a bit smarter than your average bouncy ball or football players.

ChrisB":1z9fxt2o said:
Those were great!! But before we bash them too much, I would guess that a lot of them were jokes. I believe you could get quotes much like the ones above from pretty much any profession. It's fun to pick on athletes because of the stereotypes and the fact that they make a lot of money.

The few college/pro athletes that I have met have all been very nice and seemed just as smart if not smarter than the people I deal with on a day to day basis. Of course the athletes I've dealt with have all been hockey players, and I honestly believe they generally are quite a bit smarter than your average bouncy ball or football players.
A lot of them are some of the nicest creatures you will ever meet. As long as the coach is not too far away.

milesvb":2qbv5eq6 said:
flaboy+":2qbv5eq6 said:
This and they have the audacity to ax for mo money.

Aw come on now flaboy, I hear drugs are expensive.

Oops, you are right. I forgot about that. Well someone on here always gets me straight. Let's see cost of drug increase as opposed to cost of living increase. I wonder if this will work with my company? :shock:

Vicky, you were the norm and the people being quoted are the exception. Some of the quotes were for real and some of them were said in jest. But they all make good stories when making a speech.

flaboy+":1onut0or said:
Putting money in these guys hands is like putting a hand gernade in a childs hand and say now don't pull that pin while I am gone.

couldn't be SOME (notice I didn't say all) of the MN Vikings you are talking about in that comment :shock: ?

Latest posts