Why are city people.......

Help Support CattleToday:

Lammie":2nryg5dj said:
Why do city people have trucks, land rovers, and four wheel drives? Seems like a car would be easier to park. It cracks me up.

I imagine on a day to day basis more things are hauled in Trucks that are non ag related than come close to ag related items.

I went to the big hardware store in town today, to get more padlocks and cable. Looking on the shelf, it was almost empty.

The owner told me.... join the club! Everyone has been buying more cable and padlocks now that deer season has come in, and they were almost out. Said that deer season was as good for cable and padlocks as cold weather was for heaters.

I've strung more barbwire until I'm tired of stringing it. Everything is cabled and locked. It's just not going to be pretty if I catch someone.

After all that cable, barbed wire, and padlocks, I figure that I'll surely go to jail for hunting 4-wheelers over a baited field. :help:

grannysoo":1d1fxsll said:
dun":1d1fxsll said:
Wouldn;t that count as a mistaken identity deer being shot?

I am getting older, eyesight not as good, and could possible construe a 4 wheeler and a deer to be the same thing.

Could aggravated assault charges be filed if it was only myself and a 4 wheeler involved? You know, like when you leave it and illegally go to your illegal deer stand that is over corn bait, and I thought it was a deer? :mrgreen:

Cross your fingers. Maybe I will get selected to be on that jury. No worries for you if that happened.

Here in Australia it's much the same. i cannot see why city folk need to have 4 wheel drives. o know our city roads at times aren't the best. They surely don't need a 4 wheel drive to negotiate them. They are so much more difficult to park. Consume more fuel. The list goes on. I done own a big 4 wheel drive only small 4 wheel drive which is more than adequate for what I need. I'd rather drive my nice red XR6.

Wewild":1z968bt2 said:
grannysoo":1z968bt2 said:
Allowed to own 4-wheelers?

I use to think it was so fat people could hunt.

lmao.

grannysoo -- you cant help it if you were drinking some of cfpinz's natural light and you accidentally tripped and your tire deflater happened to land in an inopportune area...

The county where I lived decided to ban quads from county roads because a lot of kids were roaring around. I went to the meeting where they were trying to sell the idea and asked how they figured a farmer was going to chase his cows down the road or run up and check stuff if he couldn't ride on the road or even the ditch. It was like "Well too bad, you'll just have to use a truck". Then I said okay then I should report everytime the county employees are out on the road spraying or seeding with a quad? That kind of shook them up.
Then I said there are already rules in place to keep these kids off the road, why don't your cops enforce them? In the end they kind of let it die.
Everytime some moron politician comes up with some kind of new controls over us, it is usually the guy who wasn't abusing the situation who pays. I personally encourage people to hunt on my land in a responsible manner and I have no problem with people who want to enjoy the countryside as long as they don't destroy stuff or bother the cattle.

Alberta farmer":83z452xk said:
Everytime some moron politician comes up with some kind of new controls over us, it is usually the guy who wasn't abusing the situation who pays.

I was wondering how long it was going to take for this answer to come........

I'm not calling for controls or restrictions on ownership. The point is that you can't legislate morality or behavior.

Idiots will be idiots, regardless of what laws are on the books.

I will say my 4wheeler is used about every day for something or other.There are a lot of things that I just couldn't do without it.Can't do all that much walking and the truck wont go all the places I need to go.

For the people who use them just for fun,there's plenty tracks around here to ride them on.
There's no reason for a person to enter private property without permission bar none.
I have friends who tell me I can go on their property anytime,but I still let them know if if I plan on going.

Cal

Latest posts