Why Americans Can't Find Jobs

Help Support CattleToday:

grannysoo

Reaction score
U.S. Citizen ~

John Smith started the day early
having set his alarm clock (MADE IN JAPAN) for 6 a.m.

While his coffeepot (MADE IN CHINA) was perking,
he shaved with his electric razor (MADE IN PHILIPPINES) .

He put on a dress shirt (MADE IN SRI LANKA),
designer jeans (MADE IN SINGAPORE)
and tennis shoes (MADE IN VIETNAM).

After cooking his breakfast in his new electric skillet (MADE IN INDIA),
then he sat down with his calculator (MADE IN MEXICO)
to see how much he could spend today.

After setting his watch (MADE IN TAIWAN)
to the radio (MADE IN INDIA),
he got in his car (MADE IN GERMANY)
filled it with GAS (from Saudi Arabia)
and continued his search for a good paying AMERICAN JOB.

At the end of yet another discouraging and fruitless day
checking his computer (MADE IN MALAYSIA),
John decided to relax for a while.

He put on his sandals (MADE IN BRAZIL)
poured himself a glass of wine (MADE IN FRANCE)
and turned on his TV (MADE IN KOREA),
and then wondered why he can't find a good paying job in AMERICA.

But you know what, I've been trying to find a slow cooker that is made in USA and I can't. :(

Australia is a bit like the US in that it has so much overseas goods. There is lots of work in this country if you want to work and be willing to travel away to other parts. Our country is becoming somewhat of a welfare state. There are upwards of three generations that haven't worked manually but have just had money from the government. we are very fortunate to live in the US, Canada or Australia despite what we feel like at times. Imagine living in Afghanistan, Palestine etc etc.

I don't ever hear of anybody trying to float TO Cuba on a collection of oil drums. Or any place else that they risk life and limb trying to get to.. Plenty of places everybody is fleeing. We've got problems,sure,but we're a HE!! of a lot better than a lot of places.

ufo_chris":2x81mqv5 said:
But you know what, I've been trying to find a slow cooker that is made in USA and I can't. :(

Rival was made in US,but is now made in China---- There is a site www.myamericangoods.com that might help..
For a slowcooker,might get a Lodge dutch oven,put in in the oven low and slow... Not the same,I know..

peg4x4":1wmi0gjq said:
I don't ever hear of anybody trying to float TO Cuba on a collection of oil drums.

You must have missed Michael Moore's "Sicko". I haven't seen it either. From reviews, I understand he recommends Cuban health care.

john250":37yf8ixm said:
peg4x4":37yf8ixm said:
I don't ever hear of anybody trying to float TO Cuba on a collection of oil drums.

You must have missed Michael Moore's "Sicko". I haven't seen it either. From reviews, I understand he recommends Cuban health care.

I would recommend HE use Cuban health care as well.

TexasBred":2irlojy0 said:
john250":2irlojy0 said:
peg4x4":2irlojy0 said:

The Moore I see in photos is a few pounds overweight. He would not have that problem in Cuba. He'd be happy to have a chicken a week. But he would be free to make all the movies he wanted to make attacking America. If he wanted to attack Fidel, he would have to move back to the USA.

TexasBred":1bvib49c said:
john250":1bvib49c said:
peg4x4":1bvib49c said:

I would like to put him in a condition to need immediate healthcare. :cowboy:

john250":2fuufqzv said:
peg4x4":2fuufqzv said:

Hey John, did you see on Jeopardy! last night where your sig line was one of the questions to the answer? :lol2: :lol2:

ga. prime":2bdiuukf said:
john250":2bdiuukf said:
peg4x4":2bdiuukf said:

Hey John, did you see on Jeopardy! last night where your sig line was one of the questions to the answer? :lol2: :lol2:

I missed that.

john250":2u366vfw said:
ga. prime":2u366vfw said:
]

I missed that.
Yeah the question was "Who is Chairman Mao?" I got it but would have missed if not for being educated to it by your sig line. For some reason I always (erroneously) thought the line was "if you go carrying pictures of Ho Chi Minh now".

grannysoo":347lowed said:
U.S. Citizen ~

John Smith started the day early
having set his alarm clock (MADE IN JAPAN) for 6 a.m.

While his coffeepot (MADE IN CHINA) was perking,
he shaved with his electric razor (MADE IN PHILIPPINES) .

He put on a dress shirt (MADE IN SRI LANKA),
designer jeans (MADE IN SINGAPORE)
and tennis shoes (MADE IN VIETNAM).

After cooking his breakfast in his new electric skillet (MADE IN INDIA),
then he sat down with his calculator (MADE IN MEXICO)
to see how much he could spend today.

After setting his watch (MADE IN TAIWAN)
to the radio (MADE IN INDIA),
he got in his car (MADE IN GERMANY)
filled it with GAS (from Saudi Arabia)
and continued his search for a good paying AMERICAN JOB.

At the end of yet another discouraging and fruitless day
checking his computer (MADE IN MALAYSIA),
John decided to relax for a while.

He put on his sandals (MADE IN BRAZIL)
poured himself a glass of wine (MADE IN FRANCE)
and turned on his TV (MADE IN KOREA),
and then wondered why he can't find a good paying job in AMERICA.

So true, so Very true. I have been laid off the last five months. Times have been rough.

Your not alone it is like it here, goods made abroad, yeah we are marginally better off than a lot of Countries, but not that much now it seems, as they have work and we don't. and we like mugs buy the things.

I won't WASTE my time or money watching any of the TRASH that moore produces. He is "bad" for the environment!

Latest posts