Who's My Daddy (Answer is posted)

Help Support CattleToday:

Jovid

Reaction score
Anyone want to guess the breed of the sire to this 3 month old calf?

013.jpg

I would say Aubrac, but his rump isnt wide enough... :cowboy:

That White Park influenced cow can throw a calf with a multitude of colors. My wife inherited one and she has thrown solid black calves and white spotted calves when bred to a black Limousin bull. I bet that calf might be sired by one of Jovid's good Red Poll bulls. If it is, it just shows that Red Polls have a place in our beef world.

I am saying Brangus, I think that little guy has too much loose skin to be Red Poll :?: .

BC":2zp5lpka said:
That White Park influenced cow can throw a calf with a multitude of colors. My wife inherited one and she has thrown solid black calves and white spotted calves when bred to a black Limousin bull. I bet that calf might be sired by one of Jovid's good Red Poll bulls. If it is, it just shows that Red Polls have a place in our beef world.
they use to be abundant here

I,m color blind so i can,t tell what color the calf is so i,ll take a guess. Red Poll.

BC, 3waycross and Curtis are correct. Below is a picture of the sire. One of our Red Poll bulls :D :D :D

BC,

You are correct when you say
it just shows that Red Polls have a place in our beef world.
Most people don't realize what Red Polls will do as a cross on any breed.

IMG1153_012.JPG

Good looking bull Mr. John, a friend is thinking about putting a Red Poll bull on his Beefmaster cows. That should be a great cross.

curtis":qhip1psq said:
Good looking bull Mr. John, a friend is thinking about putting a Red Poll bull on his Beefmaster cows. That should be a great cross.

We sold a son out of this bull to a guy down by Ft Smith AR that did just that. He loves the calves because they all look the same.

Latest posts