whos buying all these dam houses

Help Support CattleToday:

dieselbeef

Reaction score
starting in the mid to upper 200's..really!????????????!!!

theyre throwing subdivisions up all over the place...300-400-500 thousand dollar houses..all fancy gated joints and everyone has a brand new car

they have built around 10000 new homes in the Bradenton Sarasota area in the last cpl yrs..probly more idk about..not including apt complexes

who is buying all these high end no yard places with community everything..parks pools clubhouse golf courses...

good thing I got into my place when I did cuz id never have a chance at it now...

I do well for myself I think...but no way I could do that....and drive 2 brand new cars?

I must be doing it wrong..someone help :bday:

nyy_1200x630.jpg

ahahhahaa..yea I know..all the same people sitting in line pickin their kids up at school

must be alotta money to be made up north cuz those if us down here cant afford em....they aint all old retired factory car builders ..

young people...I cant figure it out

Its not hard to understand when you take into consideration they have nothing else to spend their money on beside home autos and boats . you have a lot of 30ish people that both are making 60K+ a yr each and that's a conservative number.

The median sales price for homes in Stamford CT for Nov 23 to Feb 22 was $430,000 based on 193 home sales. Average price per square foot for Stamford was $247, a decrease of -4% compared to the same period last year.

The median home value in Myakka City is $305,600. Myakka City home values have gone up 7.5% over the past year and Zillow predicts they will rise 1.4% within the next year. The median list price per square foot in Myakka City is $183.

They may be selling in a higher priced market and buying in a lower priced market. Your market is definitely going up.

dieselbeef":3spx0138 said:

theyre throwing subdivisions up all over the place...300-400-500 thousand dollar houses..all fancy gated joints and everyone has a brand new car

they have built around 10000 new homes in the Bradenton Sarasota area in the last cpl yrs..probly more idk about..not including apt complexes

who is buying all these high end no yard places with community everything..parks pools clubhouse golf courses...

good thing I got into my place when I did cuz id never have a chance at it now...

I do well for myself I think...but no way I could do that....and drive 2 brand new cars?

That ain't shyt a huge subdivision on the way to my daughters the billboard reads homes starting in the 500k to 1.5 million. They are selling them like hot cakes
Everyone can't be a doctor,lawyer, drug dealer or Indian chief.

M-5":kcvzqlsv said:
Its not hard to understand when you take into consideration they have nothing else to spend their money on beside home autos and boats . you have a lot of 30ish people that both are making 60K+ a yr each and that's a conservative number.

Has something changed they used to say two times your annual salary.
I had a good job and I don't see how they make the note less the one on the 70k truck and boat.

yes things have changed, They stretch the loans out 7yrs on vehicles or lease them . Most of the subdivisons dwellers here have a combined income of 90k to 130k a yr. In the scheme of demographics its a very small portion, but because the subdivisions get so much popularity it seems like its a lot bigger population, We are starting to see inventories up some . you have to look at the national numbers to see that the demand is still higher than inventories. again this is a very small percentage of the population but it gets a lot of attention because its NEW

One of the best days of my life was when I paid off my house 15 years early. Had someone tell me I was doing wrong because I'd lose the deduction. Maybe but I had the money in my hand which now allows me to afford health insurance. :bang:

Jogeephus":2uug6ahs said:
One of the best days of my life was when I paid off my house 15 years early. Had someone tell me I was doing wrong because I'd lose the deduction. Maybe but I had the money in my hand which now allows me to afford health insurance. :bang:
Amazing how many people will spend thousands to save hundreds or want a 40 year loan when they could get a 20 and not have to pay that much more per month. I always figured if you can't pay $1,000 a month you probably can't pay $800 either.

TexasBred":2b4ji8y4 said:
Jogeephus":2b4ji8y4 said:
Amazing how many people will spend thousands to save hundreds or want a 40 year loan when they could get a 20 and not have to pay that much more per month. I always figured if you can't pay $1,000 a month you probably can't pay $800 either.

That mindset just baffles my mind. I recently had some dealings with a guy who didn't want to trade on a high market because he would have to pay more in taxes. :shock: After the market went backwards and he wanted to act on the deal I told him how much opportunity he lost but assured him this was good and met his objectives because just look at how much he had SAVED in taxes. Probably shouldn't have done it but I went on to tell him I'd love to have him work for me because he would never dare ask for a raise because a raise would mean he'd have to pay more taxes and we can't have that. :bang:

dieselbeef":d6tniih8 said:

I do a lot of work in 400+ neighborhoods its pretty common in the area I work in

skyhightree1":1gzuwf8t said:
I do a lot of work in 400+ neighborhoods its pretty common in the area I work in

Working for people who live in homes like that should insure that you get paid promptly. Or does it?

Jogeephus":1dp6h4nb said:
skyhightree1":1dp6h4nb said:

Working for people who live in homes like that should insure that you get paid promptly. Or does it?

I do work for the builder so my money comes in 30-45 days... The residents ahhh... lets just say I have some liens on several houses and others get their tax refunds. I prefer dealing with the builder.

skyhightree1":1x4zrmt5 said:
Jogeephus":1x4zrmt5 said:
skyhightree1":1x4zrmt5 said:

I do work for the builder so my money comes in 30-45 days... The residents ahhh... lets just say I have some liens on several houses and others get their tax refunds. I prefer dealing with the builder.

:lol2: :lol2: I thought you might say that. All that glitters isn't gold is it?!

Jogeephus":ydsdo3ml said:
skyhightree1":ydsdo3ml said:
Jogeephus":ydsdo3ml said:

:lol2: :lol2: I thought you might say that. All that glitters isn't gold is it?!

Gotta watch out for fools gold cause its a lot of it out there.

Yall are being awfully negative. Although I did not choose to purchase a $200K+ home I could have. I have a lot of friends and family that work in the larger cities (Houston, San Antonio, ect) and own those homes.

What you don't realize us you are paying partly for the the school and partly for the home. Less than $200K and your kids will be in a very rough area.

You take my brother and his wife who both do over $100k each (Accountant & IT) a $300k house isn't hard to swing.

A friend of mine works for major contraction company and probably makes $80-120K, wife probably makes $60K... again $250K house is not that hard to swing.

Don't get me wrong most people are in debt over their eye balls. If I has to live in Houston I would probably be like my brother where they have a whole recreation center, water park, lake with #5+ bass, and more for only their neighborhood. They have a Kroger and resturants on the lake that you can dock you boat at. For $250K... that's a neat deal. They love it... as does my niece and son.

Again... not my cup of tea... but I can see the appeal. Consider a 1970, 2/1 house in my neighborhood is $120K I think they are getting more bang for their buck in those neighborhoods.

We have been looking at houses in a better school district. Going to sell ours and move closer to family in a better rated school district with programs for autistic kids. Our oldest son was diagnosed with aspergers (sp) . He's very intelligent. In pre ap classes at school, plays basketball, and he's first chair in band. But he is picked on constantly by kids because he's different. To the point that my father in law said something to one of them at a basketball game the other day and almost started a riot. Luckily I was working night or I would be in jail . I said all that to say the houses in the good neighborhoods are outrageous. Heck they want 65k for 1 acre lots. I'll bite the bullet and build a new house because I can build the house much cheaper than what they are selling for. ( I was a home builder for 14 years ) the only saving grace is I know I'll be able to sell it in the future because of the area it's in. I've built and sold 4 houses that we lived in. This one will be paid for when we sell our current place. But my wife will be able to go back to work because we will have help getting the kids to school living closer to her parents. Yes we drive our kids to and from school . She has to leave athe 530 am and I leave at 330 am when working days .

Jogeephus":1izhmo7z said:
TexasBred":1izhmo7z said:
Jogeephus":1izhmo7z said:

That mindset just baffles my mind. I recently had some dealings with a guy who didn't want to trade on a high market because he would have to pay more in taxes. :shock: After the market went backwards and he wanted to act on the deal I told him how much opportunity he lost but assured him this was good and met his objectives because just look at how much he had SAVED in taxes. Probably shouldn't have done it but I went on to tell him I'd love to have him work for me because he would never dare ask for a raise because a raise would mean he'd have to pay more taxes and we can't have that. :bang:

It's the same confusing thought of buying a new tractor to save on taxes.
A lot of it is keeping up with the Jones's as well thinking they will never get old.
Mrs and I lived in the first 1800 sq ft home purchased for 30K and built this one cash then again I drive a 02 truck.
I don't like notes and not owning anything but one. I was in the top 10% of wage earners in the country it's a generational perspective of life of spending versus saving.

Latest posts