Whole Corn

Help Support CattleToday:

Jimmy crack corn and I don't care. Jimmy crack corn and......... sorry I couldn't help it.

There was also something a while back about ground corn being bad because it causes the rumen flora to get screwed up because it's all available so quickly

dun

I like a good battle so here's my two cents worth.
It seems to me that if you're going to take the time to feed 'em you ought to feed something with a little kick to it.
We grind corn with some bean meal and alfalfa - keeps 'em looking good and selling strong.
By the way, alot of my neighbors think I'm feeding too rich for a bunch of old cows but I have yet to pull a calf (knock on wood!).

dun":3iu7c6lp said:
There was also something a while back about ground corn being bad because it causes the rumen flora to get screwed up because it's all available so quickly

dun
Not sure on that subject, but I do know that if it is ground too fine, the fines plug up the fillia (sp) the little finger like things in the stomach lining. If they get plugged up, they do not process the food. I'm not good on the technical explainations. Heard hubby explain a million times to kids - I just retain enough to know it can make them go off feed - big time - so I avoid all fine ground feed.

Latest posts