Who'd have ever thunk it?

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
Saw where you are no longer going to make you turn your cell phones off when the plane is taking off because they have determined it will not make the plane crash.

If cell phones made planes crash there'd never be a flight that made its destination. There's always one on every flight that thinks the rules are for othes

Yea, but do really want to listen to some dumb azz sitting close to me yakking on a cell phone? Should still be illegal just as reclining your seat in front of me is illegal.

You should have to place your cell phone in the black box. That way if the plane falls 30,000 feet to the ground it will be safe, and you call a cab to go home.

Bigfoot":2i1grege said:
You should have to place your cell phone in the black box. That way if the plane falls 30,000 feet to the ground it will be safe, and you call a cab to go home.
I'd rather they place me in the black box before takeoff instead of in the body bag after 30,000 feet of hearin everyone on the plane screaming like little girls. What's the deal on that? You're going to die anyway--why scream--ya think someone's gonna hear and come pluck ya outta the falling plane? Geeze folks--show a little decorum and civilized dignity. Stand up and yell at the top of your lungs:
IT'S OK FOLKS, CALM DOWN. IT'S ALL JUST A DREAM!
then reach over and cop a feel of the buxom blonde across the aisle

Jogeephus":22rs1vpp said:
Saw where you are no longer going to make you turn your cell phones off when the plane is taking off because they have determined it will not make the plane crash.

This new rule is not a problem as I see it. They can talk all they want.
I don't fly. I am not saying some of you burly boy's can't get my butt on Sky Blue.
But when that plane get's on the ground run.

where I work wants me to go to Anahiem next year to give a presentation on a project I am running.

I am not afraid of flying....have done so many times.... but it was all before 9 11....

can not imagine doing so in todays social climate...

also I am not going to take my boots off so some idiot can see in em....and I don't want the homeland security nazis feeling me up and arresting me for my pocket knife...last time i flew I had to take my belt off and near lost my pants....

Think I will leave this week and ride my hoss over there....now I would like to do that.....

Makes you wonder what else they have told us is wrong that is not. Pdfangus, when you are waiting in line to be searched just make mooooing sounds like calves in an alley.

Jogeephus":3rsr5syb said:
Makes you wonder what else they have told us is wrong that is not. Pdfangus, when you are waiting in line to be searched just make mooooing sounds like calves in an alley.

surely...and lots of farting noises...they occur with great regularity anyway...

in answer to your question....I think everything that comes from washington or from most of the press is a misdirection to make us look away from the real problems....and most of the masses obiedently look where they are directed....
just the latest example.....many in a tizzy over Paula Deen...amnesty to illegals HO HUM...war on coal and new taxes on energy by executive order...HO HUM...stories today...Hernandez arrest, SCOTUS ruling against DOMA and the gays reaction that they want to rule the world, NBA Draft...are the top three stories on several news web sites....no mention of obummer blowing 100 million on a tour of the home land with the empress harpie....misdirection, misinformation, outright lies....

KNERSIE":281ltent said:
I've always wondered is there even cell signal that high up in the air?
the answer in NO. I am a rule breaker and have tried several times to make calls while in the air.

M5farm":2mdrsgzx said:
KNERSIE":2mdrsgzx said:
the answer in NO. I am a rule breaker and have tried several times to make calls while in the air.

No. You are not a rule breaker. You are an exceptional person and that rule did not nor will it ever apply to you. Proof being, had it applied to you the plane would have crashed.

the last time I flew..been a lot of years......there was a phone built into the back of the seat in front of me....All I had to do to make a call was apply a credit card.....
I thought it was cute and called my wife just to tell her I was flying home....
She thought it was ridiculous that I spent money to tell her that I was coming home when I was due back that night anyway....

In addition to banning obnoxious cell phone talkers and reclining seats that crush your knees, I say bring back smoking and ban all children from airplanes. I can't stand either the whiney, crying kids or their moronic mothers who try to placate them by talking loudly about the bribes they are offering to the kids if they will simply sit down and shut up.

Air travel used to be somewhat enjoyable. Today it's just plain painful.

At least, that's the way I see it.

Tom in TN

Tom, I agree with you about the kids and they get to ride for FREE! I had two screaming babies in the seat behind me on my last flight. It was horrible but it wasn't as bad as the last trip where I had two gay stewards discussing their lifestyles and how one claimed to be gayer than the other. That was sickening.

Jogeephus":g8ce3rl9 said:
Tom, I agree with you about the kids and they get to ride for FREE! I had two screaming babies in the seat behind me on my last flight. It was horrible but it wasn't as bad as the last trip where I had two gay stewards discussing their lifestyles and how one claimed to be gayer than the other. That was sickening.

those are the real reasons they won't let me take a handgun on a plane.....lol

greybeard":2g4x08zw said:
Bigfoot":2g4x08zw said:
I'd rather they place me in the black box before takeoff instead of in the body bag after 30,000 feet of hearin everyone on the plane screaming like little girls. What's the deal on that? You're going to die anyway--why scream--ya think someone's gonna hear and come pluck ya outta the falling plane? Geeze folks--show a little decorum and civilized dignity. Stand up and yell at the top of your lungs:
IT'S OK FOLKS, CALM DOWN. IT'S ALL JUST A DREAM!
then reach over and cop a feel of the buxom blonde across the aisle

Spitting pepsi all over my keyboard....too true

M5farm":22ifbiby said:
KNERSIE":22ifbiby said:

Technically cell signals are line of sight so if you are within 8 miles of a tower, they should work. At 500 mile per hour the tower just went out of range...

I was in the back row on the last flight I took for work. One flight attendant sat just behind me but on the other side of the aisle. She was texting on her phone the whole time till she lost signal.

It just makes good sense to let people talk on the phone in airplanes. If you can't legally profile passengers for extra scrutiny but you CAN listen in to everything that they say, doesn't it make sense to allow people to speak freely at a time when they're stressed such as travel?

Latest posts