Who would you pick - warning, many pics!

Help Support CattleToday:

novaman":22ywzl7m said:
cypressfarms":22ywzl7m said:
[I'm not real happy with the cow's condition. They are all almost a full BCS score leaner than same time last year. Mostly because I've been out of commision for 6 months, and they've had to fend for themselves. I'm planning on pulling the calves within the next few weeks to let the momas gain back before winter.
Those cows look in pretty good shape to me. They look to be at least a 5?

They aren't in bad shape, the average is a little lower than 5, some are 4's and a couple are 3 1/2's. I've been so weak that I haven't been able to go out and check them like I would want. We've pretty much just kept all the gates open and hoped for the best - my dad has been coming over a couple of times a week to help. I'm just starting to feel better now, so hopefully after I pull the calves, the momas will all be able to gain a decent amount (before November) and be around 6's.

they are all nice heifers.

i like 5, 4, and 2.

(1 doesnt have as good muscling as 4 and 5 do)

Hey Beefy, I have one calf that looks like she belongs in your herd. Her moma is a white beefmaster, daddy the angus plus. I like her but she won't make a year until April - too young to be heifer breeding material for me. She's got a blaze like a horse:

besthead.jpg

I would pick number 5 as first choice and number 2 second.
If number 2 is a litle rambuctious--that will just sort of liven things up around the place. :D
But 5 and 2 are going to be good cows.

the A+'s seem to be working. why switch now?

you making fun of my coloreds? or just trying to make a sale?
picture4593.jpg