Who would have thunk..

Help Support CattleToday:

hillsdown

Reaction score
I was out doing my bedding plants, finally, I am very late with everything that has been going on with Steff, freezing temps at night, the drought and fencing. Anywho,,there are sprinkles of water coming from the sky. So far we have gotten about a 1/10th of a mm. Not much at all but I will take anything at this point. Now if the lightening would PO and not start anymore wild fires it would all be good. :D

Don't feel too bad HD. Your place and 82vett's look like an oasis compared to many. I just picked up 20 acres that is so dry the grasshoppers were jumping up on my arm to drink the sweat. And still no rain in the forecast. :help:

Well it is still spitting here.. :banana:

BmB keep in mind that where I am we are covered by frost or snow 8-9 months out of our year so our growing season is very limited and I live in an area that drought is pretty much unheard of. Must be that darn global warming . I think mother nature lost her compass/GPS and is sending the rain to the wrong places .... :lol2:

Sorry, but if you promise to only keep it for a few days I'll loan the clouds my GPS! I'm not saying it's raining in the wrong place, but we really had to search for 3 dry days to cut hay. I mowed Saturday with at least a 20% chance of rain / thunderstorms every day. Luckly as we were loading the last bales on the trailer as it started sprinkling. The trailer is still in the carport with about 1/2 a load of hay, at least it's protected for now.

I was told today (had to be told because I quit paying any minde to them a long time ago) that the weather guessers have finally gotten it right and quit saying their was a chance of rain. :lol:

BeefmasterB":202w5cmo said:
Don't feel too bad HD. Your place and 82vett's look like an oasis compared to many. I just picked up 20 acres that is so dry the grasshoppers were jumping up on my arm to drink the sweat. And still no rain in the forecast. :help:

I was wondering where they went to. Are our crawfish their too? :p

dirtdoctor":202w5cmo said:
Sorry, but if you promise to only keep it for a few days I'll loan the clouds my GPS! I'm not saying it's raining in the wrong place, but we really had to search for 3 dry days to cut hay. I mowed Saturday with at least a 20% chance of rain / thunderstorms every day. Luckly as we were loading the last bales on the trailer as it started sprinkling. The trailer is still in the carport with about 1/2 a load of hay, at least it's protected for now.

Local dryland corn farmer had a haybine in his field this afternoon. Tossles on most of it never made it out the top. I guess insurance is going to pay off or it is worth more to him as feed for his cows. Today is 50 days without rain. Local sale barn had a humongous run today. Somewhere around 15-1600 head. Probably close to 3 times the normal for this time of year.

Vett we are not supposed to have a drought this bad ever, and people are panicking. Some sale barns have even closed their doors as there are no buyers right now. After we have had the worst with BSE, I guess we expect the worst with everything now.. :?

We have gotten 1mm or rain today so far ...Keep it coming .... :banana: Yippeeeeee

kenny thomas":2fcvet9s said:
How many years can the people in your area stand this? I sure would get discouraged.
It is beginning to wear pretty thin. But setting at the sale today, I was talking to an old electician. Being a younger old carpenter, I grinned and told him, "as bad as things look and as dry as it is, I'm glad I'm not out their in this heat pounding nails on top of it."

hillsdown":2fcvet9s said:
Vett we are not supposed to have a drought this bad ever, and people are panicking. Some sale barns have even closed their doors as there are no buyers right now. After we have had the worst with BSE, I guess we expect the worst with everything now.. :?

We have gotten 1mm or rain today so far ...Keep it coming .... :banana: Yippeeeeee

Squeeze what you can out of it. :nod:

hillsdown":2jrq2mf1 said:

I am a pushin as hard as I can!!!! Still wet here this morning.

We had a slow drizzle all night,,and more is forecasted this week.. :clap:

Why can't everything be Even Steven.. :? Many areas around us have been declared disaster areas and some are on thunderstorm watch which causes wildfires.. Not good right now for western Canada and parts of the U.S.. Cattle prices still continue to plummet. Let's see if this rain brings some optimism to buyers. They have allowed grazing in the ditch's/road allowance as long as you put up signs and an electric fence.

Latest posts