Who will win the 500

Help Support CattleToday:

haase

Reaction score
A lot of new drivers this year, not really sure now who is the top restrictor plate driver, if I had to bet money I would probably put it on the 2 car, guess the race did sell out.

Been sitting here watching for over an hour already. Beginning to wonder if it's ever gonna get started. I"m pulling for Newman but would bet on #2.

Would have to say it was a good race, can't say that I wasn't going for the 10 car on the last lap, but I was ,oh well it was actually a good race, wish dun was here to make a comment on it, rip dun.

Before I opened I thought this was going to be about a Mossberg. The #3 car won I reckon. Kinda sad they would ever use that number again. The intimidaters number should have never been used again IMO. With the ol' timers this will probably be another nail in the coffin.

A guy at work one $820 on betting on the race. He's pretty excited. I watched about 5 minutes and got pretty bored. Maybe it was sold out, but it didn't seem to have any seats on the back stretch like they used to. Last few years at Bristol they've had a lot of tarps with ads covering A LOT of empty seats. It's a dying sport, and it sure is taking it's time to do it. #3 should have been retired a long time ago, same with #43, even though The King owns that team. Putting anyone in those cars with those numbers is like anyone wearing Gretzky's, Nolan Ryan's or Michael Jordan's numbers. Some numbers just deserve to be retired.

I've never understood all the hullabaloo about Earnhart other than he was the intimidator. There were a number of drivers driving at the same time were just as good...just didn't have quite the charisma.

TexasBred":3qh89c6e said:
I've never understood all the hullabaloo about Earnhart other than he was the intimidator. There were a number of drivers driving at the same time were just as good...just didn't have quite the charisma.

Richard Petty was always my favorite. But I liked Earnhart.

Was never a Earnhardt fan or petty fan, but did respect what they did for the sport, each one of them brought it to a new level, today you don't need talent, just deep pockets.

Latest posts