Who wants a swine flue immunization?

Help Support CattleToday:

I agree with you, made too fast, not enough testing, government involved too much, don't know what side effects may occur later.

I'll probably get one if they're handing them out. I'm thinking about adopting a new preventive care lifestyle.

I haven't had a flu shot in a long time. Haven't had the flu in twenty years. I think I'm immune to all that because I've worked around sick kids for so many years. I'd like to see someone else take one and then see what happens to him or her in two or three weeks before I'd take one. Not that I want the flu, I just am a little wary of the whole thing.

I get the flu shot every year because of my advanced age.... and because I work with small children. Not so sure about the Swine Flu shot because it seems like us older folks are less susceptible to it anyway.

grannysoo":3tsgdqvm said:
Not me. That shot is gonna kill a lot of people.

They are expecting up to 90,000 Americans to die as the result of the flue (calendar year?) but I don't know how many are expected to die as the result of the shot.

I'll get it if it's available to me. Even if I am not especially at risk, if I get it I might pass it on to someone who would be at risk. It's a community health issue.

Frankie":35gk4o3u said:
I'll get it if it's available to me. Even if I am not especially at risk, if I get it I might pass it on to someone who would be at risk. It's a community health issue.

Let's hope you are right Frankie.

Up to half of family doctors do not want to be vaccinated against swine flu.

A week ago, a poll of nurses showed that a third would turn down the opportunity of being vaccinated against swine flu.

A poll of doctors for Pulse magazine found that 49 per cent would reject the vaccine with 9 per cent undecided.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1208716/Half-GPs-refuse-swine-flu-vaccine-testing-fears.html?ITO=1490

HerefordSire":2s8zz7n2 said:
Frankie":2s8zz7n2 said:

Let's hope you are right Frankie.

Up to half of family doctors do not want to be vaccinated against swine flu.

You missed this part:

Most also believe the flu has turned out to be so mild in the vast majority of cases that the vaccine is not needed.

A week ago, a poll of nurses showed that a third would turn down the opportunity of being vaccinated against swine flu.

How many polled? 7? 8?

A poll of doctors for Pulse magazine found that 49 per cent would reject the vaccine with 9 per cent undecided.

because this poll was of an entire 15 doctors! Would you take seriously the results of such a small poll?

Where the GP magazine polled 216 and found less than 30% said they would refuse the shot, 21% unsure. Why didn't you quote those figures? Guess it doesn't fit in with your fear mongering? :roll:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z0PDb2ehR7

You missed this part:

"Most also believe the flu has turned out to be so mild in the vast majority of cases that the vaccine is not needed."

How many polled? 7? 8?

because this poll was of an entire 15 doctors! Would you take seriously the results of such a small poll?

Where the GP magazine polled 216 and found less than 30% said they would refuse the shot, 21% unsure. Why didn't you quote those figures? Guess it doesn't fit in with your fear mongering? :roll:

I am glad you read the article Frankie and you made some good points. That is why I post links. So we can discuss this immunization flue shot intelligently. I agree the data is over a small sampling and even if it were over a very large sampling, I may not trust it as fact. The first quote I left out you pointed to is common knowledge and did not stike me as breaking news. I will try to do better next time and not overlook the simpler items. Overall, there are many items I left out due to time contraints. My intention wasn't to sway opinions one way or another.

It sounds like you have the correct attitude on receiving shot(s). How much do you know about what would be entering your blood veins? Did you read anything yet about it?

HerefordSire":3eah58lf said:
You missed this part:

"Most also believe the flu has turned out to be so mild in the vast majority of cases that the vaccine is not needed."

How many polled? 7? 8?

I am glad you read the article Frankie and you made some good points. That is why I post links. So we can discuss this immunization flue shot intelligently. I agree the data is over a small sampling and even if it were over a very large sampling, I may not trust it as fact. The first quote I left out you pointed to is common knowledge and did not stike me as breaking news. I will try to do better next time and not overlook the simpler items. Overall, there are many items I left out due to time contraints. My intention wasn't to sway opinions one way or another.

Yeah, you post links, but you were very selective in what you quoted. The article is pretty balanced, but your quotes are simply scare tactics, IMO.

It sounds like you have the correct attitude on receiving shot(s). How much do you know about what would be entering your blood veins? Did you read anything yet about it?

I'm probably one of the lowest at risk types, but I'll watch the tests and results. I'll trust my doctor's recommendation. Keeping up with medical recommendations/results is what I pay him for.

Frankie, I don't trust any doctor or attorney.

The two most common drugs used to treat and prevent the flu may have been a factor in the deaths of 25 children worldwide and caused bizarre psychiatric side effects, the Food and Drug Administration said yesterday after two years of reviewing the drugs.

Roche's Tamiflu and Glaxo's Relenza have caused hallucinations and mania in 365 children, mostly in Japan, since 1999, the FDA said.

Many of the cases involved children trying to "flee or escape" and fatally "falling from windows or balconies or running into traffic," the FDA said.

One child on Tamiflu tried to strangle his mother, while others banged their heads against walls.

In Japan, three adults on the medication committed suicide in addition to the five children who died.

"Although there is still uncertainty about the cause of the reported abnormal behavior in patients," the FDA wrote in the report posted on its Web site, it is "prudent" to add warnings to the drug's labeling to warn of the possible side effects.

The FDA has not ordered the drugs to be pulled from pharmacies, but a panel will further review the drug's safety next week and could issue more recommendations at that time.

All of the 25 deaths were children taking Tamiflu, the FDA said, but children taking Relenza have suffered from similar neurological problems.

The FDA said it isn't clear whether the problems are related to the drugs, the flu, or a combination of both. They said the strange behaviors and deaths may come from an unusual strain of the flu or a rare genetic reaction to the drug.

Roche, based in Basel, Switzerland, says studies show the flu, not the drug, causes the reported side effects.

Tamiflu's prescribing information was updated last year to tell doctors they should monitor patients for signs of abnormal behavior.

Governments worldwide have been stockpiling the drugs in case of an epidemic like avian flu, which has made the medications cash cows for the their respective companies.

Tamiflu has proven effective in fighting avian flu in scientific tests on ferrets. A course of Tamiflu consists of 10 doses administered over five days.

The demand for Tamiflu was so high that more than 200 companies and governments expressed an interest in helping with the manufacture of Tamiflu to meet the need.

President Bush proposed stockpiling enough Tamiflu for 81 million people.

Tamiflu, Roche's ninth-best-selling drug, generated $257 million in the third quarter of 2007. Relenza generated $58 million for Glaxo in the third quarter.

But both companies have reported significant drops in sales since controversy over the drugs began. Sales of Tamiflu have dropped 62 percent since 2006. With Post Wire Services

http://www.nypost.com/seven/11242007/ne ... 621526.htm

Neither my doctor or attorney recommend Tamiflu to me. I get an annual flu shot instead. What does this have to do with swine flu shots? Or are you looking to change the subject?

This article is from 2007. Couldn't you find more current information on the side effects of the drugs?

Frankie":23uu2ldr said:
Neither my doctor or attorney recommend Tamiflu to me. I get an annual flu shot instead. What does this have to do with swine flu shots? Or are you looking to change the subject?

This article is from 2007. Couldn't you find more current information on the side effects of the drugs?

I am afraid you lost me on your first paragraph. I probably can find some recent side effect information if you would like. I would especially want to know what would actually be injected and understand it completely.

Here is a reference to the executive order Bush appended to the one located at the bottom. Therefore, all that is required, if I am understanding this correctly, is for the swine flue outbreak to be officially declared a pandemic. If this occurs, everyone in the USA will be required to take the shot or may be ordered to a Fema camp and detained. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Executive Order 13375

"(c) Influenza caused by novel or reemergent influenza viruses that are causing, or have the potential to cause, a pandemic.".

http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Executive_Order_13375

Executive Order 13295

a) Cholera; Diphtheria; infectious Tuberculosis; Plague; Smallpox; Yellow Fever; and Viral Hemorrhagic Fevers (Lassa, Marburg, Ebola, Crimean-Congo, South American, and others not yet isolated or named).

(b) Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS), which is a disease associated with fever and signs and symptoms of pneumonia or other respiratory illness, is transmitted from person to person predominantly by the aerosolized or droplet route, and, if spread in the population, would have severe public health consequences.

http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Executive_Order_13295

Here is another opinion that could be correct....

* Executive Order 13375 permits federal isolation and quarantine of individuals to prevent transmission of numerous diseases including "influenza that can cause a pandemic". Under this April 1, 2005 EO signed by George W. Bush, and the following regulations, anyone violating a quarantine order can be punished by a $250,000 fine and a one year prison term while organizations may be punished by a $500,000 fine…." http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Executive_Order_13375 , 42CFR70_71-1.pdf p.3

* Under §§361-368 of the Public Health Services Act (42-USC 264-271), the government can "make and enforce regulations as are necessary to prevent the introduction, transmission or spread of communicable diseases from foreign countries into the United States and from one State or possession into another….especially when combined with vaccination…." 42CFR70_71-1.pdf p.3

* Section 70.9 of the Public Health Services Act (42-USC 264-271) allows the government to establish vaccination clinics and charge a user fee for that vaccination [unless you are a Medicare B recipient] introducing "…health strategies such as vaccination." Records must be carefully kept although "the Director may waive or modify these requirements in the event of a public health emergency." 42CFR70_71-1.pdf p.3

* "Persons subject to provisional quarantine may be offered medical treatment, prophylaxis, or vaccination as the Director deems necessary to prevent the transmission or spread of disease. Medical treatment prophylaxis, or vaccination will typically occur in a hospital setting but may occur in other settings as the Director deems necessary… on a voluntary basis… provided that persons who refuse remain subject to quarantine until the period of incubation and communicability have passed." 42CFR70_71-1.pdf p.13, 14

* "The length of quarantine shall not exceed the period of incubation and communicability" which for influenza is given as "1-4 days following exposure" and another "5-14 days following onset of illness". 42CFR70_71-1.pdf p.14

NOTE: An American citizen can be held in "provisional quarantine" indefinitely although the quarantine itself is not to exceed the period of incubation and communicability of the disease. Imagine, for a moment, that you are in a FEMA detention center and someone else develops a cold, cough or fever. You ALL could then be held in provisional detention for another period, and another and another…. since:

* The person in quarantine "may refuse examination, medical monitoring, medical treatment, prophilaxis or vaccination, but that if they choose to do so they remain subject to quarantine" [Emphasis added] 42CFR70_71-1.pdf p.15

A "voluntary" vaccine enforced by indefinite detention is not voluntary. A "voluntary" vaccine enforced by refusal to let people continue to work, travel or go to school is not voluntary. Conditioning access to public services, the right to travel, and other normal activities of civilized life with submission to an un-insurable, untested vaccine for which the providers bear no legal liability violates basic standards of due process and the rule of law. An injunction must be issued.

http://vitaminlawyerhealthfreedom.blogs ... ction.html

Latest posts